Just Gene

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Maeve Keeva, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Get back on topic please.

2. Sasafrasquatch7

Sasafrasquatch7 Member

I guess that includes books?

But seriously, I haven't read up on The Keepers but from what evander is describing to me it sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

I thought Kaidan was doing a decent job that's wrong that Gene got him demoted.

Alot of people have been in the dark about much of this.

Robosmores....15 years old is a kid...

3. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I never knew Kaiden was a global mod at all... So I didn't know about anything really... And I haven't had any real direct contact with Gene not even in CP/OW roleplay I didn't read about his "The Keepers" group but if it's what they say it is I really don't know about it. I don't know how power hungry Gene is but if he got Kaiden demoted for locking a thread that needed locking then he has some problems.

4. za090

za090 New Member

I Agree that the group isnt HL2 RP but on Gene I agree with you Evander that he had the main role in OW the most powerful RP group and left. His group the keepers probably wont get accepted and he will want his OW back to take the best power he can get.

Edit:After I post this I go look at the keepers app and here is gene Returning to OW command. Deleted.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I only had it for about 24 hours or so, the losing it didn't bother me so much, that's why I didn't make a big deal over it, it's the principal of it and the fact he banned me lol. He also got Bob demoted too, but he managed to get it back later.

6. George

George Active Member

I think this is very on-topic.

7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

He was talking about the page of people arguing about who was older or something, but it was removed.

8. River Rat

River Rat New Member

This is the way I see it.

Gene had a spot of power, And had another spot of power at the same time. People call this power hungry. But, its not. Being the leader of something, while being atop the chain of something else usually makes people feel Epic. And makes others jealous.

Gene hasn't shown power hungry signs, To/around me, at least.

Ok, So, The keepers.
    Hasn't anyone ever wondered How it is that only 3 races exist? Vorts, Combine, and Humans?

Gotta be more... Like I stated in one of my posts, "Gman" Telepathic powers? Human body? Cryptic Background? As the game goes on, Mores known about gman. Not much more, But your learning whats going on. If you don't think thats part of HL2RP, Then you have a screw loose somewhere. How do we know Gman would be the only one?

Maybe gene just wants the most unique experience he can get. The Keepers would have added a nice little twist to game play, and it wouldn't have that big of a twist, because they are more scarce than the vorts.

Next Topic: Helping the community. I donate money to help the community, And I don't think my words mean much to anyone, So i don't post much anymore. But, Then I find a thread started by Evander, and I have to read it.. Its just so.. tempting.. I've only ever seen 6lines+ of words, no less from him/her/ *Not sure, haven't checked/payed attention*
    So, Back to the community. If someone wants to help the community they donate. They leave the rest up to the people who are taking the time to run the server. Thats why the people running it, Run it. So they can RUN IT. People in high seats, RUN things.
    Our community consists of the following.

Peasants, newcomers, Blahs, and exiles.
    Advanced, Donators, Veterans.
    Groupies/Advanced/Donators/Veterans
    Groupies/Admins(sub/full/super)/Veterans (some donate, some don't)
    Admins. Runs Ingame things.
    Teddi. Superman with a computer. Runs The Things too. Ingame/outofgame
    Ben. The computer. Runs things. Ingame/outofgame

Just my 99 cents yes?

9. George

George Active Member

More like:

Banned
    Users/Advanced
    Developers/Sub Admins
    Admins
    Super Admins
    Owner

10. River Rat

River Rat New Member

That put in more basic form, yes.. XD

11. George

George Active Member

Well, Teddi, Gene and Welshdrag are in Teddi's VIP room in Vent.. OoooooOOOOOOOo

I guess this will be resolved soon.

12. Perry

Perry The best guy ever

OooO rly?

I've never known Gene to be 'power-hungry' but if an opportunity comes his way he will take it. Who wouldnt, after all? Atleast he doesnt make petty posts complaining in a wall of text that is basicly saying 'I dont like him, he sucks, everyone needs to know my opinion.'

+ George i hope it does get resolved soon :p

13. Og Loc

Og Loc New Member

I've completely lost the post where somebody mentioned Gene wants OW back since his new group didn't go so well during the app.

But I agree that he does seem to be taking OW back despite quitting it and handing it over to Welsh, it's like OW is just a fall back point to him, so if one thing doesn't go so well he can waltz back into OW losing little face over it.

And Evander does seem to curse and swear aload more than half the mingebags on the ban lists (nearly always it's not even needed). For example one person says something out of line it ends in one paragraph of pure profanity from Evander. But if anormal player posted such a thing I'd see the big bold red text saying "User warned" and I thought there were rules against swearing on the forums for everyone.

That's just my point don't bother quoting it or complaining about it, I don't care nor will I reply to it unless you want me explaining it further.

I'll add more reasons and points for both parties if needed.

14. Gene Hunt

Gene Hunt Member

The OW thing is sorted.

Just to let you know.

15. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

Well, here's my opinion on this:

OW was a good idea. I like the idea and how they roleplay.
    Now, the Keepers, is not a good idea. I don't really like Gman like people walking around the server, controlling us. The fact is, is that in HL2, only some people can see/hint at gman.

Now, I like Gene Hunt. The only thing I don't like is the Keeper idea.

So, I'm basically mixed on this issue.

16. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.