So what would you like to see in RP?

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

We're already doing that.

Buy it for me and I'll see what I can do.

Supply and demand. In the beginning, the corp owner would get 100% of the stock. He can choose to put a part on the stock exchange, or give them to individual people, like employees. Once the stock comes on the exchange, it's worth a base price, based on how much the owner spent on his corporation and how much stock there is available. The more stock is bought, the more expensive it will become.

At least I think that's how it works.

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Companies with stock should be able to give out dividends.

3. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Cars. Nothing fancy, and perhaps rather hard to obtain, but it would definitely be more realistic.

Corporations. Everything already said covers it.

Water, ocean, etc. This is more of a mapping thing, but would greatly increase the possibilities. E.g. smuggling.

Restrictions on OOC. Most RP servers seem to have some pretty screwed up rules on what it's for, I just see people talking about in-game things, like trading and services and the sort, not actual out-of-character talk.

4. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Things like bullet drop over an extended distance due to gravity, weight, speed. The need to aim HIGHER in order to shoot someone. The ability to die or become critically wounded within 1-3 shots. Coriolis effect, hollow point, FMJBT, soft point, round nose, armor piercing, velocity, rate of impact, effectiveness of impact, how fast a bullet can "melt" or pull apart when shot at certain substances or surfaces (such as a bullet shot at a pool of water would completely break apart about 1ft - 1yd into its point of impact. Do I need to clarify anymore?

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

• The criminal record is actually an idea we hadn't thought of and could be utilized very well.
    • Stock druglabs are long gone. Want drugs? Grab that halogen light and that bathtub.
    • The ability to earn money in a legit way is what we're focusing on. Too many gamemodes are gritty and simple in the sense of; get x (usually drugs), then purchase y (usually guns) and then use a combination of x and y to earn more money.
    • That said, the above system will still be in, the ability to get x and use it to produce more y, and using them together to produce even more, but on a higher scale (eg supply and demand with resources etc).

To give an insight, there will be (still in development atm) a crafting system, which works its way up. As an example, lets take a gun (not a specific gun, but just as a model to base this around). You get the bear resources, ie raw minerals and ore, smelt them to create some form of bar. You would then take said bar and then refine it into gun parts (gun parts being multiple items, but for the sake of it, lets generalise for now). Eventually you'd piece this together (or attempt to) and with some luck, you'd have yourself a shiny new gun.

Now I use a gun as an example in this case, but it could apply to any item. Keep in mind that above sounds pretty elaborate and probably wont be as so, but we do want a system that revolves around constant supply and demand. Those that can trade and have good business sense will always be aiming to be top of the food chain (ie buying goods already pieced together and selling them for more) whereas newcomers, people who dont mind bit of a grind will be at the lower level, gathering materials to sell on and so forth. This (we hope) will provide some economy and a system whereas those who enjoy having fun regarding business can. And it wont be too spreadsheety for those that dont want to do such a thing.

Unless we do a multiple RP server thing, water etc won't be available. Maybe in the future but for now, no.
    As for OOC, we're unsure how to treat it at the moment. I don't really want such a feature to be in it but obviously people do like to break character from time to time. More news on this at 10.

The wounding system is similar to what I have in mind. Guns aren't supposed to play a major (certainly not as major) as what they previously did. Guns will be illegal. The way they'll be handled is different, however we can't really incorporate half of what you want, mostly because well, it's source. But we'll try.

6. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

Thought I'd give some advice, but please don't hate. I know this sounds cheesy, but how about certain quests/tasks? Even though I stopped playing gmod for a while, I don't ever remember any mini quests on any roleplay servers. It could help newcomers earn more money as rewards. Possibly a task to be able to use a gun? Or how to cook? It would also act as a good tutorial. There could also be cash rewards for things like play 24 hours on the server too. Or certain achievements could help your rep/criminal records (or lose it).

7. Teddi

• Achivements won't be part of Roleplay
    • This isn't a fantasy based RPG where we send you on quests. That said we do need to provide something for newer players.
    • If you're unemployed, you get something to help sustatin you every few hours or so.

8. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

I guess zeke means something like this

[YOUTUBE]JD6bepTpNEQ[/YOUTUBE]

9. Boilrig

Boilrig BB Veteran

We get Jukebox right?

10. John Brown

DJ's should be able to run a radio-station type corporation.

11. Boilrig

Boilrig BB Veteran

Then there would be several stations, so we would need some sort of radio system. Other communities have done that from what I've seen.

12. limilim

limilim Active Member

This could also tie into advertising, players have to buy the right in order to advertise, the more people listen to the station the more revenue they make. Maybe even competing station?

13. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

My god do i hope this comes about this time.

But anyways, a system for corporations is still in this new script correct? and if so some kind of system within it to manage people, building/door access rights, access to some kind of corporate bank account and so on?

14. Boilrig

Boilrig BB Veteran

More or less like the Eve Online corporation system, access to resources and currency.

If the radio stations are not just limited to the JukeBox, then there would be competing stations.

15. Teddi

Whitefang is heading corps so he'll be able to go more in depth regarding that.

As for the radio station, it's something at this point we haven't really considered, but something I think we could look into.

16. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's a branch based system. As the owner, you can create branches and set their access permissions (bank account, specific doors etc.) Branches will be divided into two groups, managers and employees. Managers can hire/fire employees from their own branch, and owners can fire managers. This is also to assign people to specific tasks, such as accountants, or mechanics.

17. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Sounds good Do eeet Naoo

18. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

This is K T I T Ktit playing the breast.... uhh.... best tunes in town!

Radio Station should control all advertisement

19. John Brown

This is Bundt & John's Station playing nothing but DMX & N.W.A, 24 hours a day!

DJ's should be able to broadcast voice over radios, Talk shows and news!

20. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Enjoy chatting down a mic for 7 hours non-stop.