Xandrah's Trial App

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Xandrah2, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Admining sandbox is different from admining a Role Play server Sarah, different rules apply.

I think Xandrah should get a chance, I've known him for quite some time, and I feel he has what it takes (more than some that are currently admins) to handle things without getting carried away with it. He's had his ups and downs and sure as hell isn't perfect, but he's gotten much better and sure as hell is dedicated to the roleplay server as well as sandbox no doubt. All of us know he's made enemies, and some of us know they have been sorted out for the most part, but who doesn't make enemies on a roleplay server? As of now I think Xandrah would be a great edition to the Roleplay subadmin team (or trial in this case :p ) and given his chance to show what he's got. It would most likely not be bad, and he probably wouldn't sit there with a tag saying "Omg admining?!/!1" instead, he would only respond when needed as an admin.

+1 Useless Rostik Ref :D

2. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I'm sorry, all you did on sandbox yesterday was complain about one thing or another; you built a grand total of ONE thing, and wouldn't stop bothering me and the other admins to give you tokens for it. Even though all you did was weld props together.

And this is for the RP server, which has very little to do with Sandbox.

3. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

Why would you say sorry your the admin your in control if you did what was right do not apologize for doing your job? And thats an understatement about the rp server doing little with sandbox....

No ref

4. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

I agree with Bob , when on all [BB] Servers you have to make sure you are setting an example , i know this is hypocritical of me but i have come and i have learnt whats wrong etc .... You should always make sure that if a player needs you you are there no matter the reason , unless you are in the middle of something complicated in wire or something , like i can be quite regularly as i am fairly noobish to wire ...

With classic , its more responsibility than Sandbox is . You may say that Sandbox has its fair share of minges but as a Classic / Serious admin there are alot more rules you have to enforce , you have to make sure that what you are doing is right and most of the time i double check that the rule is there , or the rule is in enforcement before i warn or punish.

When you first get the job of sub-admin , i know personally i spent about 7 hours on the server constantly getting to know what an admin has to do. I double checked over all the rules to make sure that when i had to sort out a problem that what i knew was 100% straight from the rule book. It requires a preparation for the job that you are about to take part in.

I know some people say that being an admin or subadmin on [BB] is no biggy , but there is alot you need to know and you need to get along with the team around you , as hard as it is the Administration team is all a bunch of people here for the good of the server, here to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves at all times. As hard as it is , sometimes you will have to face people you hate , and just because you hate them you cant give them a longer ban or a harder punishment than you did everyone else. You have to treat every case not from personal experience , but from your experience as an Administrator.

Becoming an admin at [BB] was one of the most honoured positions i have taken and yes , i have had problems which have caused me to be demoted since , but i'm giving you advice from a previous full-admin's point of view, and a current Sub-Admin's. Since i have been with [BB] i have seen us nearly close down , i have seen big minges like Katie/Cody/Noobie , i have seen our gamemode be leaked and other communities use it , i have seen many people rise and fall at my side in the administrator team. I have seen through other peoples' mistakes what to and what not to do.

So , please take this advice in . It may help you sometime in the future...

5. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

Im pretty sure my Sarcasmo-Dar was going off when i read Xandrahs post

6. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

yea, I think Xandrah was being sarcastic. :/

7. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

I as well saw sarcasm. Oh well, bob has a broken sarcasmodar thingy.

8. Tools

Tools New Member

Your wrong, while the settings and scenarios are different the way you treat people on the sandbox server will reflect on how you will treat people on the role play server. A ban on the sandbox is the same as a ban on the role play server, just with different rules. The way you go about dealing with a sandbox problem will most likely be used as a rookie method on the role play server. In the end you are an admin on the sandbox server, and getting admin on the role play server only widens your territories of authority. You wont change the way you solve problems because of a different type of server. Most admin decision are made on a personal belief of how a situation should be solved. I will not ref you because with past experiences of how you find little tolerance for simple rules. Its the same as they tell me in my law enforcement course, its what you make of the position either be good or bad, fun or no fun, But in the end you have to realizes that being an admin is solely for protection of the server and the support normal users need. Its not about what you want its about what they need.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Meh you'll need another 2 refs in the next 24 hours =/

10. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

GOGOGO

11. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

You can do it Xandrah, we belive in you.

12. sarah

sarah New Member

so i builded a base.. so? what u did when someone was attacking my base while build mode?

and i want to say. i think even if ur the best rp'er. it has nothing to do with ur admin skills.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

and b.t.w. atleast i builded something.. what the other players did was firing cannons at my base.

and i think it is a bit abuse if u have barreld spinning around u and then hitting players. { not me but i saw that }

13. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

WHOA WHOA WHOA

You Just Failed Openly.

Having good RP Skills effects directly your skills pertaining to administrative power in BB. It sure doesn't take up the entire Credit, but it still has a large effect. In a Roleplay Community you cant have a Bad-Roleplaying Admin, that would be like Major "WTFPARAD0X".

Also, Xandrahs one of the more strict admins on sandbox, i doubt he would be firing minge cannons at your base. And He definitely wouldn't attack PLAYERS with a Vortex unless hes their friend and they are BOTH just messing about.

And Also, Who said you had any word in judging roleplay, I've had to kick you like 5 fucking times from CLASSIC ROLEPLAY! You should probably click the Ol' F1 before even Hinting at someone elses Agenda.

14. Robban

Robban New Member

No doubt. you got my ref. you are good and fair admin that understand the rules!!! : )

15. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Now normally I would avoid doing anything that seemed like starting something with another admin at this point, but since 1) My app with out Tox's ref, and just in general is going to be denied. And 2) what you said I lol'd and am angry at, I have something to say about it.

To all the other admins who've said something about what I said, part of it was serious, I was sick of them asking for tokens, I know sandbox admining, and roleplay admining are at least the same basic job just with different rules.

But now on to what I really wanted to talk about. Tools, you say you're not going to ref me due to past experiences with how little tolerance I have for rule breaking.

Do you know how stupid that sounds to me? Very. You aren't reffing me... because I do my job as a Sandbox admin? RULES ARE RULES, if you don't want to be punished, DON'T BREAK THEM.

And if anyone else disagrees with what I've said that's fine, as long as you have a legitimate reason, not one like I'm doing my job being strict on rule breaking.

Oh and, how is it abuse to have barrels spinning around me? Anyone can do it. There are just only a few people on the server who know how.

16. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

You have 12 hours 44 minutes till midnight (GMT).

17. Tools

Tools New Member

And a mistake is a mistake, I personal can see you taking every rule that is broke to the maximum punishment, which is not needed. Thats why teddi has given the admins a choice on how long they need someone to be banned.

O and if you get sick of them asking for tokens, you shouldn't have even apply. Cause shit doesn't get easier on the role play server.

18. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

Times up.

IN AN HOUR AND A HALF

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Yeah now your time is up.

Denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.