THE D@NK MEME KING Micspamming

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by RaZoRaK, Aug 3, 2016.

1. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

THE D@NK MEME KING was mic spamming a ton on the surf server. He was heavily breathing into his mic and did it several times right after Brinker left the game. I do not have any proof of this as my Nvidia Shadowplay is broken for some reason, but I did try recording it.

Here's his SteamID: STEAM_0:1:167874731

2. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

Don't need shadowplay to record spammers. Just type record <name> in console and it will start recording a demo file (.dem) and once you type stop in console the demo file will be saved as whatever you named it. The files are saved in the garry'smod < garry'smod directory. The .dem files are super small so you won't have to worry about them taking up much space and it's much easier to upload one to Google Drive or something equivalent rather than uploading a video to youtube.

3. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I did not know Garry's Mod had such a feature. Thanks for the tip!

4. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

No problem and as far as I'm aware you can do that in other source games also.

5. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Could probably upload it to a post on here in a .zip file too if that's easier.

Teddi might be able to check the logs around the time you posted for people complaining about him, if there is then it's probably enough.

6. Fishy

Fishy Member

Beyond using the demo feature, I find using OBS with proper recording settings to work wonderfully, better than shadowplay and demos.

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Even if the logs suggest complaints, without hard proof nothing can be done.