Some suggestions for stuff to add

Discussion in 'Surf' started by zanzibar, Jun 25, 2017.

1. zanzibar

zanzibar New Member

Bonus modes and leaderboards to go with them (most important to me tbh)
    angle modes (sideways, half sideways, backwards) and leaderboards to go with them
    practice mode w/ saveloc
    bot for the #1 times of a given mode
    wrcps maybe? idk they seem unnecessary to me

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Hi there, thanks for the suggestions!

The bonus stage system is in the works; it just requires an overhaul of the current stage selection to have it working in a way we consider satisfactory. However there's no plans to have leaderboards for bonus modes as they're not the main focal point for us. Bonuses are just that - little extensible things that we do sometimes even work into maps (see: Lore)

There is actually some code laying around in regards to changing the viewangles of players and so on which isn't currently live - which could easily be added as an option. But again; see above regarding leaderboards

We already have a practise mode to a degree, in this case it's turning off your time trial via F1 > Settings. The idea of saving / loading a location with stored velocity is actually a pretty good one; might discuss this and see how we can make it fit in.

This is already in the works, but for any given run on the leaderboards.

You're not exactly describing what you want with this. If it's what I think you're suggesting, they'd be far more useful than suggestion 2.

Doggo, Rhythums and Kaiden like this.