Running out of time?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Doggo, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Doggo

Doggo New Member

Before I get on with it, let me give some back story. So, recently I was on Kitsune 2, the last map I need to do to get to the hard server. I was on the last stage when time ran out (frustrating, right?). I would have to wait 5 hours to redo it, which angers many. If I was given just a little bit more time than I was, I would be able to do it. This isn't just a problem I face, this is a problem several players have too. I have came up with an idea to help fix this. How about giving an option to extend the map by 10 minutes? If the majority votes it, then it would extend it. This can only happen one extend, and the extend will be on cooldown (3 hours?). There is a significant difference in what someone could achieve in just 10 minutes extra. I hope you consider this idea.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

It's an interesting idea and one you see fairly often on basic Surf servers where there's no developed vote system like on BB's. You're often presented with 4-5 maps and an extend option. On BB you're often presented with 10-15+ maps (pending what's on cooldown). When you're only given a few choices, (and they're possibly all bad), an extend can be the best choice. On BB where you can choose between a dozen+ maps I feel this isn't the case.

Also I feel the more experienced players that beat the map fairly quickly, then get bored and wait for the map change might resent the option a bit. If they're waiting for the map to end to choose another and then end up stuck there for another 10/15 minutes, I imagine they'd just leave instead.

A possible workaround could be where the Bonus system we have as an idea is implemented, so players are kept occupied and less resentful of the map being extended. But see what others think, it's not a feature that's entirely ruled out, there just aren't plans for it atm.

EDIT: One last thing to add on would be that map cooldowns have been significantly reduced lately to 5 hours, so I feel it's not too long before the same map (if in high demand i.e hard sever requirement maps), that they're being played again before long.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This is an issue which crops up time and time again and there's no easy fix for it; given that everyone has different preferences as to when a map should be played. One thing we're looking to possibly change is instead of checking if you have a time, is to instead check if you just have the achievement (therefore accientally teleporting won't screw you over); but also possibly having a dedicated server with those three maps on rotation; that way worst case is you're an hour out from any given map (with no RTV CD, so potentially if you're solo, you can just RTV). That said, if we were to implement the former (achievement only) then I suspect that this would be enough.