References from admins

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Advantage, May 15, 2008.

1. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

how exactly are you meant to get references from admins.. do you have to post things on blog or ask people online i just rly want to know !! ;D .... just wanna know how so i can try and get em lol :p

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

You ask, or you ask players how to get them.

Simple thing with me: I post in your thread ;p

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I'll probably steal Teddi's idea, seems efficient (If he doesn't mind) :-[

Get to know the Admins. You can take a gamble and post an app without knowing any of the Admins, or having any refs (Like I did for my Sub lol), but it's a lot safer to ask the Admins in advance. Also don't PM random Admins unless you know them, cause they'll just say no, generally.

However, in my case; Hydroxyl posted no in my App, so I spent a few hours on Stranded to get to know him, getting his ref in the process. With Traces, I kept in contact, showing my potential, and why I should get the ref. (In full) I then annoyed Chuck untill he gave me his ref. (For sub)

Or, if your app is decent, an Admin MAY post in your app, like Teddi. :)

Of course when I applied, we had a lot fewer Admins/Subs, getting in has become more difficult I should think, also timezones is more taken into consideration now.

4. [BB]Kyle

[BB]Kyle New Member

what they both said before you even ask just get to know them and become friends with em (well not friend friends but ya) and then what you know you got three references cause first I didn't know anyone then I started meeting Spike and Corran two of my admin references and then I told em am applying for Sub would it be ok if I used you as a reference and they said yes. So just get to know them.