Perks and Donations

Discussion in 'Blog Posts' started by Teddi, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

2. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

The advanced and Perk stuff looks very good. ^^

I still don't quite get what the idea behind the pot is though. If you don't want people to buy in-game money, why have it? :p

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

The issue we had back in RP08 (and it was fairly serious) is that people started trading cash for things from other servers or actual real life items. People started bragging about this to others and then some people felt they got ripped off and started asking Ben and myself about getting their money back. We never condoned it (if anything it was bannable) so the entire point of this is to simply regulate it to prevent some sort of metagame occurring. I don't want to be bombarded with people going "waah this person made me buy him a game for 500 of x!".

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The Smart Picks will be illegal as you'd expect, so the police will arrest anyone with them. I think there'll be about 7 or maybe less in circulation, so will be interesting to see them trade hands over time as they're undestroyable.

While yeah it is pretty inferior to RP08's advanced, I think what people get is still worth donating for, as well as it'll be going to maintain the server anyway. As we get closer to the release we'll probably have additional features for advanced and such to have anyway.

5. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Ah alright. Makes sense.