My Review of Rift

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by King Cole, Mar 3, 2011.

1. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

100% copy of Guild Wars and World of Warcraft. I mean, the story is a bit unique in the terms of the rifts and stuff, but it is also a copy of Guild Wars. At the very beginning, you start in a rather small map that serves as a learning ground for the new guys, then you have to go into some kinda teleporter-thingy-ma-gigy to go back in the past and stop the world from becoming the hell it is in the new-guy-area. Sound any bit like pre-Charring, post-Charring to anyone else? It's very similar, right down to the names of the spells.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it would be just like this (albeit less Guild Wars and more WoW), but my friend got two copies for his birthday (you know, that awkward thing where you and another guy buy the same gift), so I ended up getting it, am going to play my one free month, and then drop it like it's hot.

2. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

Generic Everquest style MMO with newer graphics UIs and oblivion gates. If thats what you want, hey, go get it, but realize it's nothing new.

3. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Um, no. Seriously, why does everyone say everything is a copy of WoW. The reason most MMOs are "like" WoW is because that's pretty much the only way to make the controls good. Not to mention the way rift handles classes? Seriously, there are a ton of different souls under the four over arching classes.

4. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

4 Archetypes 8 subclasses in each can use 3 at once? Thats not new at all, just different from WoW.

5. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

[youtube]AyzrkRDKdnY[/youtube]