Bill Nye's [BB] Surf Sub-Admin Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bill Nye, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

Name: Bill Nye
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:92086262
    Skill Surf/Sub-Admin
    Why:
    I believe that I am mature enough for this role, as many people (and admins) in the community have seen me play on the server, and they know me from my online persona. I play Surf on a daily basis, and is one of my favourite servers ever on GMod. I have watched other admins do their job by ballpitting micspammers, chat spammers, and bans. I was also an Admin on another Surf server, but that has long since shut down.
    I usually get on at around 4:30 PM EST, to 10:00 PM EST, with short breaks in between.
    I am currently a Platinum on the servers, and have a dank chat colour.
    I do not believe that I have any punishments, and if I do, I can admit to them. They must have happened a long time ago, as I cannot remember any of them.

Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it! :D (by the by, I am Canadian so I use the British way of spelling)

Ulapin and NeverReady like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Out of curiosity, what's your reason for adopting the persona of Bill Nye and using his name and picture as an avatar?

3. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

I had originally had my steam name and my online persona as Trigger Happy Llama, but I had decided to change my name to something shorter, and the name "Bill Nye" just came to my head as I was thinking of it. I had decided that this will be my steam name, then it just kinda evolved from that, into my online persona.

4. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

Ah, I remember seeing you as Trigger Happy Llama a few times.

5. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

Yeah, I came on the server back then when I was still that alias

6. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

Bill is a friendly guy, have never seen him be rude or aggressive to another player. He knows right from wrong.

I think he's a good candidate for Sub-Admin. :)

Bill Nye likes this.
  7. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

Thank you so much, Never!

8. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Ive seen you a couple times that ive been on even tho im not on as much as i use to be. Ive only seen you talk once and that was to me that one day i was saying youre the fake bill nye, but no worries. Also saying that you're a "Platinum on the servers" shouldnt really do anything at all soo.. I feel like the admins are usually on and mainly the only time they are not on is towards night time when it gets late which is understandable. Have the admins really dropped that bad tho? Like i said, im not on as much as i use to be but when i am, i usually see midna, rhythums or fishy on.

NeverReady likes this.
  9. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

Chase is right. Never include on applications that you have platinum or have donated. It doesn't boost your chances. :rolleyes:

Chase likes this.
  10. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

I know that, I just put it there because I have.

11. Kaiden

Not sure, for a long time it was a requirement to have Plat. Donating to the server certainly doesn't hurt your chances of getting admin, it just won't buy you the position.

NeverReady likes this.
  12. Bill Nye

Bill Nye New Member

yeah, as I thought it was still a requirement. Also,
    I'm gonna keep it in, as it doesn't hurt my chances, but it doesn't really help it too much either.

13. Kaiden

I think at this stage we just need to see more of you, been keeping an eye on you for the past 10 days and while you haven't done anything wrong, I didn't see anything that stood out either. Would advise to continue contributing and getting more well-known within the community and applying in the future.

Bill Nye and Chase like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.