Battlefield 1943 RUINED

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Harrier125, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Harrier125

Harrier125 New Member

Nooo! They are dumbing down the new Battlefield for console fags! Nooo!
    Battlefield 1943 (3 not 2) will only have 24 players instead of the massive 64! It is also being released on 360 and PS3 which it will suck for but that will also bring down the PC version. It is also only coming with 3 maps one of which is a big favourite in Battlefield 2 Wake Island. The game looks nice but seriously Dice? Why are you cooperating with console retards? Can't you take some lessons off Gabe Newell and his console hating habits! (If you don't know who that is you suck and should stop playing any Steam game right now). Seriously though I am pissed because we all know that games are being ruined by consoles. Fuck you PS3 & Fuck you 360 you just ruined a classic series!... AGIAN!

Link My Ride!:
    Trailer http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/battl ... ideos/9616
    A blog? http://www.vg247.com/2009/02/05/bad-com ... -detailed/

2. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

BF194...3? Weird, sounds like a fake :p
    BF1942 with 64 players was epic, but the gfx are kinds bad, so an upgrade would be nice (then we can start the countdown till action battlefield and DC come out for it).

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Desert combat was awesome lol, helicopters FTW - Although in games like Battlefield 2 they've made them stupidly easy to fly :<

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

2142 is awesome, just more people didn't get it :/

5. Harrier125

Harrier125 New Member

Battlefield 2 was TEH best by far

6. BlackDog

BlackDog FUMUKU, shall rise again

2 was better than 2142, 2142 had more features yes, but the gameplay to me didnt have the same feel, sure we had the awsome titans and new skills, weapons and a DOUBLE ZOOMING SNIPER but still, the squads became less tactical due to you just placeing a beacon and forgeting about keeping everybody alive, just die, respawn die repeat. Alot of the matches i played seem to loose their feel very quick.

My biggist disapointment with 2142 was the air fights, in 1942 dogfights were pretty cool and took some skill to win, bf vietnam comes, and we have some mild lock on missles, dogfights still lasted awhile and took some skill to win.
    BF2 comes along with full lock missles but countermeasures to use against them, dogfights can last very long depending on the skill of either pilot and the ammount of ammo and health they each had when they entered the fight.

2142 comes along with full lock missles and a sheild countermeasure, which is in no way more effective than a flare, most of the time when flying your shot down in one shot, while a bit more realistic i guess, it makes for one hell of a short fight compared to the previous games

7. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

While things were made simpler I agree, It wasn't dumbed down where it's a one shot kill. I can easily rack up aerial points, and survive a missle or two.

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Gabe Newell
    [​IMG]