Ban appeal/ Complaining about an Admin

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by ProfessorBlawk, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfessorBlawk

ProfessorBlawk New Member

My Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:67069614

Hello, I have had a recent issue that I can admit has made me feel a bit degraded and almost trapped in a corner by a bully. I have been playing on the BB Easy skill surf server for a good month I believe, not religiously of course, but every now and then to mess around and have a nice time relaxing and surfing. It had only been around a week ago that I have began using my mic and having a good time with some other players on the server.
    It was only until today (1/8/16 5:00 pm CST) That I had talked to some people and we got onto the topic of age, I mentioned that I was 14 and a few people didn't believe me because my voice is so deep and honestly I do not sound or act like a 14 year old in any way. Out of no where I got a warning from an admin by the name of [BB] Bundt saying something with the word "Angst"
    I said "I just got a warning and the guy mis-typed a word and said anggts" It may seem a bit immature and I will admit it is, but me and a few other guys were just having a good time so it wasn't meant to come off immature or dis-respective. Then I ended up getting muted:
    [ADMIN] Bundt voice muted Professor Blawk because angst is a word look it up . Duration: 10 minutes, 0 seconds.
    Now no matter what server you play on, any person in their right mind would admit that this was a unneeded and just plain out rude reason to mute someone. If it was like 5 seconds I would have laughed of course, but it was 10 minutes for not knowing a word! Even if it wasn't for that exact reason it didn't mention it! It's like arresting someone for theft and filing a report saying that they have bad grammar, it's just unjustified and would have been better if there was a reason stated. I will post the logs of the chat after I got voice banned.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Professor Blawk: what?
    [BB] Bundt: is not on our server
    Professor Blawk: Why did I get muted?
    Professor Blawk: Wtf
    [BB] Bundt: why do you think
    Professor Blawk: Idk
    Professor Blawk: For not knowing the word Angst?
    [BB] Bundt: for being annoying as fuck
    Professor Blawk: Wow!
    Professor Blawk: What a great reason!
    [BB] Bundt: W O W
    Renbow Bash: plz unmute i like professor
    X3: ^
    Renbow Bash: ungag*
    Professor Blawk: A state of opinion coming from an admin who does whatever he wants!
    Professor Blawk: Horray!
    [BB] Bundt: its ok hes 14 he figured out the world
    Professor Blawk: Oh my gosh I am missing one word from my vocabulary! Let's mute him!
    DannelorGy: So much salt from him
    Professor Blawk: Wooooo!
    [BB] Bundt: thats not why
    [BB] Bundt: i muted you
    [BB] Bundt: holy fuck
    Professor Blawk: Tell me the exact reason
    Professor Blawk: In detail
    Tai Lopez: How do i get through purple
    [BB] Bundt: You're talking about religion, my little pony, talking nonstop, being generally a snob
    [BB] Bundt: happy?
    Professor Blawk: So I can't talk about my basic opinion on global topics?
    (banned)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I will admit, my messages were caused by some distress and anger, but after such a ridiculous and unexplained mute, Who can blame me? It was after that, that I got a ban
    Disconnect: You have been banned.
    Reason: doesn't understand basic server dynamics.
    Duration: 10 minutes, 0 seconds..

I don't understand the dynamics, Okay! I'll give him that, I didn't! So I waited for the 10 minutes, during the time I made a account on the website just in case I got banned again. Sadly I wasn't able to record anything with my voice and when I started recording a demo it was too late. I'll give the logs of what the admin said, and I'll type to the best of my ability what I said due to the fact that I was using my mic.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *logs on* Professor Blawk: Hey, Is there any certain rule book or area with basic rules that I can read somewhere maybe?
    [BB] Bundt: with using the mic: don't be annoying, it's really easy honestly, don't mic spam, don't scream, don't talk about
    [BB] Bundt: sensitive subjects
    Professor Blawk: Yes, but I want a actual copy of a rule book that I can read. Not from an admin that falsely banned me without a detailed reason
    ((Random guy says type !motd to see the rules))
    Professor Blawk: /motd
    TheKneecapDestroyer ﮎђσƇƙ: /MOTD
    [BB] Bundt: motd stands for message of the day why would that be rules lol
    Professor Blawk: Yes, but most servers usually have the rules there since that's the first thing a player sees.
    [BB] Bundt: message of the day implies it changes
    Professor Blawk: Yeah, but no one ever changes it. How often do you go on servers that change their motd every day?

] record BB
    Recording to BB.dem...

Disconnect: You have been banned.
    Reason: "falsely banned" lol ok mister i can't be in the wrong.
    Duration: 0 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes I admit, it was a bit unneeded and rude for me saying that about being "falsely banned" But the way I was being treated made me feel like a kid being bullied in school without the verbal capability of contacting anyone higher-up to help me! I can't be the only one thinking that this is a bit ridiculous and comes off as a bit rude, also the fact that this is the first time me and that admin have talked. It makes me wonder what else could have caused it, it seemed to be more like someone in a bad mood getting angry at whatever I say then me actually doing something worth being banned over.
    So after that I went onto the website and never found a strict and certain rule book. So I went onto Mumble and talked to a few members for a good 5 minutes and they explained a lot of it to me. So now I understand that it's mostly common sense! They told me to post about it on the forums, and I did. This is a ban appeal and an admin report at the same time. I don't just want someone to reply to this and never hear about it again, I like the thought of actually talking to someone about the situation and hearing what can be done about it.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Okay, just to jump to a few things real quick, rules can be found at http://bbroleplay.co.uk/globalrules or by typing /rules in game, just to clear that up! Secondly drop the pretence of being an offended soccer mom, it's pretty terrible and really isn't helping your case.

I agree the ban was unjust from what happened - that said I've also had feedback from a few sources that in short you were antagonising and generally being an arse. Ban worthy? No. With that in mind I'm lifting the ban but I'm placing a 24 hour chat and voice mute on you. It's also within your interest to not bring up terrible topics such as MLP and religion and similar things.

Also next time, I recommend you read http://bbroleplay.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/read-this-first.8399/ .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.