Ballpitted with no warning.

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by LunaticYT, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunaticYT

LunaticYT New Member

Ok so teddi you just ballpitted me just as soon as i joined. No warning, no nothing. I feel that is unfair as i had just joined. You ballpitted me twice (once for music) (once for dj), thats definitely no cool. I feel you should have warned me before ballpitting.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Hey, thanks for posting. Like most servers we don't allow music or music-related content on the mics (i.e youtube clips, playing instruments and the like). I'm sorry you weren't aware of this but it's enforced across our servers. I can see the mute is less than a day long, so please wait it out and going forward avoid playing music into the mic and you won't have any trouble.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

You joined, played music, just as I bpitted you; you asked for music requests.

No server pre-emptively allows mic-spam and it's dumb to think otherwise. Your warning is the punishment, to not do it again.

4. LunaticYT

LunaticYT New Member

Im sorry teddi, but that was not a warning. That was straight punishment. A warning should have been "turn it off before you are ballpitted." That is a warning. Ballpitting me immediatly is straight to punishment with no warning. As for requests i was trying to be nice that way everyone can enjoy. Not just mine but their music as well.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

And life isn't fair. You were ballpitted which forces you into an alternate chat channel. You haven't been muted or outright refrained from speaking on voice or playing music - your audience was just forcefully taken away from you unless they opt into the ballpit. Trying to justify it via "but I want to play what others want!11!" isn't going to fly here either. Common sense is key - no one likes it when people are loud or force things upon them a prime example is you not being happy about the ballpit enforced on to you. By default most people aren't happy about hearing shitty quality MILES codec music sent towards them, therefore I enforced you being sent to a different voice channel.

6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Just to add that this isn't targeted specifically at you, anyone who's played the server for a few days will see anyone playing music quickly gets shut down when an admin is on.

In an ideal world we'd give everyone several warnings and benefit of the doubt before punishing them, but that just leaves the system open for abuse. We deal with players on a daily basis and have done for the past decade who will completely disregard warnings anyway, so the approach we have is the best with the current Gmod playerbase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.