Auto-Balance Major Problem

Discussion in 'Deathrun' started by King Cole, Oct 9, 2009.

1. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

When I first joined the DR server, I pressed F3 like usual. Then I got Death, and I think "Oh, must be that damned auto-balance". But then every round after that (didn't get runner once for 3 maps until I simply quit) I got put as Death again and again. I even had all of the people (nine of them) spamming F4 at the end of the round, but I was the only one getting Death.

The strange thing is, each round I would spawn for about 1/2 a second as a runner, but then it would start a new round (randomly) and then I would always be death.

I rejoined multiple times, got a new IP address, restarted Steam, restarted GMod, etc.

2. Dumbo

Dumbo Ban'd

Ask Cpfair when he gets here, otherwise I don't have a clue cause it's not my code.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Autobalance simply hates you, that and you had bad luck.

How many times do i have to say this.

Hitting F3 or F4 after the initial round (and even then autobalance is still calculating team balance) does NOTHING. NOTHING AT FUCKING ALL. I'VE EXPLAINED THIS MANY TIMES, AUTOBALANCE CONTROLS IT AFTER THAT.

4. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

Thats not balance thats a hate crime.

5. Dumbo

Dumbo Ban'd

/caps

6. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

crys

7. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Then how does it explain the switch AFTER the round has started, and yes, it is still happening. Whenever I become death, I either have to reconnect or wait for the map change.

8. sConed

sConed Member

When you're a death, just make sure you hit f3 AFTER the runners win or lose. If you hit f3 before the round ends, you'll remain a death. (This is just gathered from what I've experienced)

9. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

If you hit f3 while death and get swapped to runner next round is simply luck. Autobalance sometimes resorts all the players (due to constant people entering / leaving) so you end up on a different team.

10. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Well I must have the worst luck ever, I mean more so than getting struck by lighting 9 times in a single thunder storm :-/

I will attempt it tonight, if I can get on (read my Epic News thread), but I so far have never been switched from death to runner.