All Round Server Events?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by flash31939, Jun 17, 2011.

1. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

I posted this here because the general server chat is being a pain and wont lemme create a thread. Anyways I think that we should have linked server events. As in events that occur in every server. An example could be double cubes day. We could have them be days or weeks. But not too often. This would increase activity because who wouldnt want a little extra cubes. The surf server would have to get a little tweaking to make that event work with it cause you dont want people getting 200k from insane. So maybe have it add 1000 for easy, 1500 for normal, 2500 for hard, 3500 for expert, and 5000 for insane. Basically the surf wouldnt double like the other servers would because of the high amount of cubes you get from it, it would just add some cubes to it instead. Lemme know what you think.

2. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Does actually happen occaisonly anyways, the double cubes thing at least. The issue with server wide events would be tailoring a single event so it fits into whatever gamemodes are running at the time.

3. Overlord

Overlord lolz to can't say @dmin

dude... there is a BB Steam Group which advertises events by Teddi and any other administrators of the group. All the events is done by Teddi for doing Cubes stuff. Any Events for the Moderators Jobs is in BBuild.

4. Ashman

Ashman Member

yeah but when was the last event, quite a while, saying that, if i had access to the steam group id run some bbuild events, because everyone knows it needs some

5. flash31939

flash31939 Nightmare Sub Admin

But yeah I think it should be set to happen every saturday or something.

6. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

They tried that for a while, and if I remember correctly, it didn't get much turn out except for the people who frequent the respective servers (I think they were all for BBuild).

7. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

We held a lot of events, it's just that people have busy schedules, even during the summer, so no one showed up to a lot. And really Flash, check around the forums before posting things like this, there are other threads about this I'm sure, hell there's even a section of the forum dedicated entire to BBuild events.

But I'll put this here, any moderator can make an event, just talk to Teddi or Kaiden if you want to add a reward as incentive.

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

There were some really cool events earlier in the year, but they were always Saturday evening when I had work IIRC :( Usually caught the end of them though.