A Server Of Hate.

Discussion in 'Complaints & Appeals' started by Toddrox, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Ok. How would you like to lead BB, be responsible for the entires team welfare and making everyone happy. Then giving out countless warnings and people STILL persisting to break the same rule over and over. I'm 0% tolerant because in the year and and two months I've been with BB, I've just saw people offending time and time again. It gets retarded, and i get tired of it. Why do i ban on sight? Because unless they can be justified (note - I run a demo so i can prove I've done nothing wrong when people get unbanned, because i can then make a video, post logs, whatever). And 9/10 Cases, the person who wants the unban, has done something against the rules. So don't cry "I didn't do it" When i have it on a fecking demo. You wonder why Admins sometimes take a break from BB, It's a stressful job with you guys always breaking rules. I'm glad for the new update, because the rules are defined, and there's less ways to abuse things so less work for the admins so they can RP.

2. Tools

Tools New Member

Thanks Teddi.

3. Corran

Corran Active Member

That about sums it up.

4. Toddrox

Toddrox New Member

Teddi isn't the only admin, as i know there are 18 admins and who knows how many sub's. I don't think that you should have to stress out with that many admins. And besides, my thread isn't about flaming admins. (I hope you admins don't put me on teh "bad boy" list for making this thread btw)

5. Teddi

No, but it affects every other admin.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball New Member

One thing you must consider when talking about the number of admins is that they will most likely never be on at the same time because many admins live on the opposite sides of the world. Also, if someone can't take the time to hit the F1 button aned click Read Rules, we probably do want them playing here. Heck, it was the first thing I ever did when I joined this server and I have never been kicked, banned, or broken any rules to my knowledge.

7. hes quite scandalous

hes quite scandalous New Member

Am I like, the only one who agrees with Toddrox 100%?

8. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah. Everyone else realized if they just follow the rules they won't get in any trouble.

9. Toddrox

Toddrox New Member

I guess soo, i guess they all love banning each each other =\

10. Snypedbyme2

Snypedbyme2 Guest

I would have to agree with the admin side, Read the rules and you wont get BANNED!

11. Toddrox

Toddrox New Member

Dude, stop it with this,i don't disagree with the admins banning people, but banning should be last resort.

Then the next excuse.. "READ THE RULES, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, U DESERVED TO BE BANND". Ok, i must have read em more than 10 times through, but EVERY ONE OF US MAKES MISTAKES! DEAL WITH IT. There are 52 rules.. most people would accidently slip one...

Say if you were banned for 10 days without a warning or anything, wouldn't you be pissed? Especially when you didn't know what you did.

Most of the people on this thread are agreeing to the admin side because..

1. They want to be on the admin's good side for future admin refrence.
    2. They haven't ever experienced it. (Especially new comers)
    3. If there are a majority of people saying this, they are afraid to stand up because of being disliked.

An example of what admins should respond to someone who breaks a rule.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Admin : Hey, Did you know that you broke the rule of "No swearing in OOC"?
    Person : No, I'm sorry, it must have slipped me.
    Admin : Ok, but please don't do it again or i will have to take action.
    Person : I will, thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think that ALL admins should have this attitude. They let the person know what they did, and tell them to stop. If the person still persists, he should be kicked/banned.

That's it. Go ahead and say "READ THE RULES U NUB!! YOU SHUD BE BANNED WITHOUT NOTICE!!!" but as it is... "A Server Of Hate"

12. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I've seen that too many times... it becomes really annoying dealing with people who do things they know are wrong and go "I DON NO WAHT YO R TALKIN BOUT WHY CANT I DO THAT"

13. Og Loc

Og Loc New Member

That would be an ideal situation, kind of like something you'd read in a fairy tale.
    But BB isn't a fairy tale world, not everyone is capable of structuring one sentence without swearing or being as polite and structured as the example you posted above.

And I still think, and stand by the post I made earlier about the server needs to be unforgiving to the majority of the banned (Unless they are proven to of changed and show remorse), just not to the extend of wildly flaming every post they make as seen in recent weeks/months.

14. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

The amount of people that the admins have to handle, Hell I would get worn out. Lol No one knows who's doing all the flaming because everyone that is agrees that there is a lot of flaming.

A Server Of Hate
    That is mainly the reason when I started playing BB I played a lot but then less and less and less because the people get old with bickering.

Maybe more admins, I don't remember who it was that put up a picture but there were like 12 admins online and none of them were on BB.

Suggestion for control of this problem would be more admins.

15. Teddi

We already have a bunch of admins, over 15. Meh. That doesnt include subs by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.