iTouch

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Dan

Dan Active Member

So grad money came pouring on in, an extra $500 to spend, also I start work in a few days

Soooo should I get an itouch, and if so 8 or 16gb

please include in your posts whether or no you've even actually seen let alone owned one >> skepticism not wanted.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Cpf owns one, he's jailbroken it and uses it as a wireless device to communicate from @ school etc.

They seem pretty good although you have to pay for each update $10 a pop, but these are releases that appear to come out at the same time as the iphone.

and 8/16 gig depends on if you jailbreak it, and how much money you really have time to listen to.

3. Dan

Dan Active Member

I'm going to use ZiPhone to jailbreak the itouch, since it's free and it works for iphone and touch

4. Pot Ducky

Pot Ducky Hurf Durf,

Save up for the IPhone, Unlimited Online usage for the first year. On pay and go its like 400£s no ide what that is in dollars. My friend has a touch and barely uses it whereas my sister has an iphone and obviously always uses it. Do you currently own an mp3 player and if so do you use it very often?

5. Boilrig

Boilrig BB Veteran

I've Jailbroken Mine, Depends on how many songs you have?

6. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Eh, I got my 8GB iTouch about a week ago and its half way full already so, I'd say 16 GB

7. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I have 16GB Jailbroken untethered. The best iPod yet, plus you can use it as a phone. But aside from that there are so many games and shit you can do with it.

8. TopgunZX

TopgunZX iYo vivo en el Internet!

I have the iPhone 3G... It's pretty damn good.. Although it does have its fall backs. Like here in the USA, no tethering or MMS yet. But that's AT&T's problem. I say, go with the iPhone 3GS. Grab a good 8 or 16 gig, set up some sort of data plan and your good. I use mine all the time for the internet. But im to scared to Jailbreak mine, I heard AT&T locks some phone if the are jailbroken.

9. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Not all updates are 10 bucks. 3.0 is really the only one I remember costing me money, even then.... I use an iPhone now so it was free.

I'd say get the 16gb though. Zeke and I almost literally took a day or 2 talking about apps and jailbreak shit back when it had just come out untethered for the 2nd generation touch. I was almost out of room after those days xD

My dad and I have jailbroken phones.... Nothing has happened to ours :p

10. Eddie Dorama

Eddie Dorama The Fail Man

Please don't call it an Itouch.Do you call a nano an Inano?Call it touch or ipod touch.

11. Robert Benson

Robert Benson Ze Captain

Who cares? iTouch rolls off the tongue and is easier too say than iPod Touch. You don't say iNano because it doesn't sound right.

12. Dan Pyre

Dan Pyre Member

I had a 2nd gen 16GB iPod Touch. Def worth it. Then black people stole it from me at school :/

13. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[​IMG]

14. Tuorg

Tuorg Pootie Tang

i've gotta iPhone 3G 16gb which is really good since i get internet everywhere, especially good when getting apps when you're bored

15. giantzfan53

giantzfan53 Member

You can get the 3.0 update free, just DL the 3.0 firmware ( here's a link I googled and used, http://mac.softpedia.com/get/iPhone-Applications/Tools-Utilities/iPhone-Firmware.shtml ) then extract it somewhere easy to find, like desktop. Next, plug in your itouch/iphone to your pc, and go into your ipod folder (where it says ipod sync, etc.) Hold shift, and click "Restore Ipod." Then go into that file you just downloaded and open it. Now it is upgraded!
    EDIT: Is it okay that I'm posting this?? Because I was going to also post a tutorial on how to jailbreak, but I just heard that it might not be good for BB servers to be advertising illegal use.

16. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Last time I checked, the only legal way to upgrade an *iTouch* to the next major sw revision is to pay apple $10ish, or if you cant afford that go find a IPA that someone has posted.