Wanted: Simple HTML person

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LavaEagle, Jun 9, 2009.

1. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

I am looking for someone to help me in managing my website www.lavaeagle.com as it is quickly becoming a 2 man job as i add more and more features to it.

The only necessary skills needed are HTML and probably not even any CSS.
    You will however need to be able to recognize blocks of code by look.(Much easier than it sounds)

Compensation: If your work starts to bring in customers you will receive some money through paypal for your work. Basically Commission which I will discuss with you later.

interested:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

2. Mike

Mike <b><font color="green">Original Who</font></b>

Yeah I could do this.

3. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Customers?

4. Mike

Mike <b><font color="green">Original Who</font></b>

Yahwtf?

5. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

Customers are the consumers that use our site to entertain themselves.
    I have my entire school starting to go to this site.

Ad placement comes second to customer attraction.
    We will have very soon now a solid stream of customers coming into our site.

There is a lot of promise here, we just need to advertise more.

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

That site is just a jumbled mess of things you find on the internet. "Lol Clothing score".

Also, hate to tell you but you don't get payed by google just for ad views, and you won't get payment from the same IP's over and over.

Your images I can find on imagechan or 4chan respectively.
    Video's are meh.
    You never even made your own uploader.

Technically, if you make money from these things, it's called "copyright" and "you're done for"

Also, your wallpapers aren't in the correct hi-res.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Edit: Double click are even WORSE. They pay really shittly, also, every addblocking program out there blocks it. Good luck getting revenue when they're not even getting any transfer.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Also, HTML is easy, how can you not use it? Make some site templates, use php / css styling, and voila, a person can easily handle it.

7. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

What are you retarded?
    obviously the videos arn't there for true entertainment those are part of a seperate production that I do for school that are there as examples for people. Maybe i should take them maybe not I'm not worried about it.

You don't even know wtf your talking about when it comes to ads alright your on fuckign adbrite which pays shit per click and you even have a legit site. I know what the difference is.

You can find these images WHEN their uploaded. and you can wait for them if you want.

I know you think your a Lua fuckin master but i really dont give a shit, im just trying to practice my own code alright so back the fuck off this isn't even aimed at you, its aimed at people with less expierence like I said.

show me one real copyright that someones gonna get butt hurt about.

never claimed i made my own uploader the creator is cited if you opend your eyes for once and looked almighty master.

i just supply the space and server.

I didn't ask for advice teddi so you can walk away with your nose in the air I was asking if anyone was interested in playing around with some html and scripts maybe even to just learn simple stuff ok? your probably whining cause your adbrite shit isn't paying you shit.

8. Teddi

Yes, I know the difference because I've used all three and own an actual active forum that gets people, Adbrite pays incredibly well per click (Lookup CTR, it'll help you a bundle). Google sucks, so does double click. Also, enjoy having to confirm your details while they look at how your ads were spammed via one IP.

So obviously, I do know the difference when it comes to advertising, as I've heavily been into it.

Maybe I came on a bit strong, in that sense I am sorry, however my point is this, you're creating a site with random shit on it, trying to make it look pro. I tried to offer some constructive critiscm, along with a critic's viewpoint, and you get butthurt. I'm not a Lua Master, nor have I ever claimed to be, I just know that in terms of efficiency, representation, and quality, I know my game. I never claimed that you claimed you made the uploader. Again, don't get butthurt, I'm pointing out that if you're really "experimenting", learn some php, even basic CSS styling. It's not hard, god.

Infact, it's not even hard to make a decent site, and you're going at the moment for a mix of "childishlolsite", like a fecking piczo site, and one that could actually look proffessional and decent. Decide your target audience, stick to it. Don't go across the board until it's actually time to expand, by this I mean with the whole upload / download thing.

Also, why whine when Ads are supposed to be a background feature, not a primary paying source?

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Technically, I should have also banned you long ago for advertising, but I was nice. So, yeah, show some respect.

9. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Wow LavaEagle, not only do you only come to the forums when you want something from us, you just rage at Teddi for trying to give you advice. AND you are just flaming, about two lines of that wasn't pure flame.

Really, it bothers me when people are jerks. When they honestly need a good kick in the face to set them straight, and whine when they get it.

10. cpf

cpf <s>Heckler</s>

Oh and advertising isn't gonna get anyone more than maybe $7 a month. And your "customers" are really just "viewers" and aren't paying anything to use your decidedly non-unique site [concept].Unless you start actually start charging for something, you're going to get very little in profits, and won't be giving that $$$ out to anyone unfortunate enough to have decided to work for you because of the promise of substantial money in the future.

11. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Can you stop advertising your website, getting sick of hearing about it. Kay, thanks.

12. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

Wtf no fuckin wonder Craig left.
    I was asking for help, i don't give a shit if you go to my site or not, i have a steady stream of viewers now.
    Customer = consumer=viewer what are you a terminology whore?

I thought this forum had a few minds that were able to do soemthing mroe than rot their brain on the computer so thats why i come here.

Im not the only one who gets pissed off at Teddi, why do you think Craig left and the amount of users has gone down.

Jesus this place has gone to shit.

13. Zeke

You've gone to shit.

Oh and what. Craig left months ago and he had his reasons.

14. George

George Active Member

Yeah guys, I have to agree with LavaEagle here, You've been a bit harsh here. So what if all what Teddi says is true, its his website, his own part of the internet, judge it all you like but don't take the piss out of him for it.
    If you want to help, just say, and if not, shutup.

15. Teddi

I did apologise for maybe being a bit harsh, however you've started making personal insults, (this @ LE btw), and I've not taken the piss out of him.

Craig left for his own reasons a good while ago. So you can hardly go hurf durf things have gone down the shitter.

Some pointers:

Our traffic has gone up, forum activity has increased. Don't spew bullshit you obviously can't back up.

Also, Customer is exactly the same as consumer, learn your terminology, however consumer != Viewer. A viewer is a potential consumer, it is not a consumer yet.

In the end, we've not gone down the shitter, it's you.

16. Zeke

I apologize too, at the time I had a badass headache. What I'm trying to say is, the only time you post on bb is when you have something to advertise your website. Can't you post other things?

17. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

Alright alright I won't do that anymore I realize I do post a lot about it, it's just become a big part of what I'm doing now is all.