Edgar Bourne, Full Administrator Request

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Edgar Bourne, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edgar Bourne

Edgar Bourne New Member

[DENIED]Edgar Bourne, Full Administrator Request

Hello, my name is Anthony Kelly, and I am applying for Full Administrator.

My in game name is Edgar Bourne, and have 147 hours on the server.

I am fifteen, and love my friends, music, and video games. My friends and family call me a smart level-headed person. I always think a situation through, and always help out people in need. I am extremely mature for my age. I have a large group of close friends and have a great time with them. In the past few months I have been very active in my gaming. I have been playing everything from Bioshock to Eve, and having a fair time. I have had Garry's mod for a while now, and have almost always role played, or played other game variants. I started looking for a new role play server a couple months ago after my main server shut down. I found BB Role play about a month ago and came to love the community.

I have had a fair amount or role play experience in Garry's mod, and love all of it. I have been a leading administrator on a good role play server, and have experience at keeping players in line. I am very good with people, and am liked by most rule abiding players. I have played on the BB servers for a month now and know every rules set in place. People PM me in steam for help, or information.

Only a couple days after playing on the server I realized how amazing it was and how large the community was. I was quickly liked by most players, and some friends in the community. I was very quick to purchase advanced to increase my role play experience on the server. About a week after that I noticed two things; How much role play potential the community had, and how in-need the server was of more administrators. I made sure I had the community behind me and then I posted my sub-administrator request. After a week of waiting for approvals, I finally was accepted. I have been a sub for two weeks and have done a great job with enforcing the rules and making the server better. I have NEVER abused, and would never think of it.

I am a great role player who has increased the fun had on the server. I am an over watch for the Syndicate. I have made many great bases, and acted out great role-play scenarios as a Mafia Capo. I held the hostage mayor once, and defended my Syndicate base with faithful friends for ten minutes, waiting for our 5,000t ransom. We then had to proceed to kill the mayor after the servers time was up. I have also hosted the Syndicate's first official Arena. I am starting to do that regularly. The players loved fighting, and confining there death-matching to an orginized fight club, rather than the streets. After about forty minutes of hosting arena battles, I gave the 10,000t prize to scoutking. I also role-play as a mad scientist, and was promoted to my current position, the chief of power. So as you can see, I bring amazing role-play to the server.

I will be a great administrator. I know I do not have much time as a sub-administrator, and some of you may hesitant to approve of me having full-administrator, but I am telling I will not disappoint anyone. It is early for me to be requesting this, but I am sure I am ready for this. I am on great terms with the community, and am friends with a very large portion of the community. The only people who do not like me, are people I have yelled/punished for breaking rules or being disrespectful to anyone in the community who deserves respect. I am always helping people, and that is all I can give back to the community for giving me such a great group of people to role play with. I am now very, very good with ULX. I can see a situation and judge who is at fault, and what the punishment should be. I will only give out bans if they are truly deserved.

I do not want people to look at me and see my low experience as a sub-administrator, I want them to see how much I have helped and improved this server, and how much more I can bring. I want the community to please also give feedback on what they think the result should be without flaming.

With Greatest Regards,
    Edgar Bourne

2. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

Id say yes

but not my choise lol

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Don't need to read that, I'd say yes. ;)

4. Corran

Corran Active Member

YES! :eek:

5. Ryan Vick

Ryan Vick New Member

I say yes even though my opinion doesnt affect whether he gets it or not.

6. Kaiden

It does abit I guess, people will take your opinion into consideration, you just can't decide whether they listen to it or not lol.

7. Edgar Bourne

Edgar Bourne New Member

Correct, I asked for community feedback also.

8. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Its too early to even consider applying. Also you immature actions on the forum show that you have not the maturity or the full potential to handle a situation correctly. The fact i had to add a rule against the EFG shows that it took a higher power to stop with the stupidity and your failure to comment correctly on the forums. The forums are counted towards your application and from what you have shown, you have epically failed, especially with a recent topic about douchey, you have made 1 liners of pointless comments. To consider yourself mature and level headed in the case is wrong, and could also be considered slightly egotistical. You point out that you dont wish people to see your lack of expierience with sub admin and the short time you have been one, however expierience is everything. Without that you cannot progress and become more aware of what goes on around you. Ive been on the server sometimes and you've been very one track minded about certain things, and when people have been asking for help, it hasnt always been given. Even when i'm on people are constantly asking for help but it does take time to go from person to person i wont deny, but when that same person has been asking for well over 30 minutes thats when i start to see major room for improvement. To consider yourself to be a great administrator is daft. No one is a great administrator, because no one ever will be. You can be good at what you are and have a better know how and decisive actions, but even the best will slip up, regardless of how much they have done it. The fact you mention you are in two groups (Syndacite and scientists) points out that you havent understood that its a one group limit. You cannot be in two in case there is a conflict between the two teams.

Thats a rough summary of what i feel is wrong with everything. There is more, but i feel you need to learn quite a bit more before even applying again.
    No.

9. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

Re: [UNAPPROVED]Edgar Bourne, Full Administrator Request

Don't take this harshly Edgar, but I don't think it's time just yet :(
    Stick with Sub-Admin for now.

But that's my opinion, disregard it if you want.
    Please, make your own decisions :D

10. Kaiden

Be greatful with what you got I guess. ;)

I thought someone said "Don't apply yet, give it a few months" on the server lol.

11. Tubbimora

Tubbimora New Member

It wasn't meh :D
    I haven't been on in a while due to overdoses of Coursework/Homework -.-
    Im getting a little pissed off.

12. Edgar Bourne

Edgar Bourne New Member

Well, although I appreciate the criticism I am going to correct you on things you need correcting on. Ill go in order in how they were listed in your post.

Firstly, about the EFG. I posted it as a joke on dead threads, or threads that were going to be reposted already. I posted it twice, and that was it. The first time you told me not to use the image I stopped and thats it. There is no way for you to say justifiably that I post stupidly and incorrectly on the forums. The thread with douchey was unneeded. It was a ban request without any intention to ban someone. It was a small dispute that should have never been put on forums. The whole reason I posted those was to try and stop them from arguing with one another and calm down. I have added a lot to the forums, so I do take it as an insult when you take two out of the three only problems I have ever had on the forums. You fail to see all the advice, ideas, and constructive criticizem that I have given on the forums. I read every post and try to give the best response I can to each one, and sometimes have a little fun. Do not say that I don't have the maturity or potential to handle a situation, because that is completely wrong. Just because of two incidents, you do not have the right to question my judgement on situations.

This is the only thing in your post that truly offended me. Forgive me if I am out of line, but this is the biggest pile of bullshit I have ever read in my life. You are almost never on when I am, so I have no idea how you could come up with this. I give every second I have when someone needs help so you are completely wrong with this. I want you to give one example of when I have not helped anyone who has needed it. I put the community before ANYTHING I do. Ask anyone who has needed my help and I assure you that I helped them or I had a reason not too. This is the most ignorant thing I have seen you say Teddi. This is the reason I want Admin. I do not want it to further myself in anyway. I want it to be able to help everyone on the server. You have not been on RP with me for nearly enough time to make a rash assessment like that.

Yes, I am at fault here, but I was told by someone of a respectable position that I could be in both groups because there were very unlikely to ever meet.

Teddi, as you can see, before you posted the community was saying yes, even before reading my application. People know I am ready which is why I posted this. I can wait, I told you that myself.(EDIT: Actually, after re-reading everything, you went light on me. I can see where your coming from and If I was in your position with your opinion I would react the same way.)I understand I have not been in the community for very long at all, but that was way over done Teddi. Now that you've scared everyone to your side, I doubt people will post how they feel now. Teddi, you have not had one role play session with me, so I understand that you do not know how I benefit the server, but please let this application still continue. I want people to post how they feel about my application.

Thank you again Teddi for your opinion.

13. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I did tell you that we judge a hell lot harder compared to standard sub (or maybe i said it to Gene, im unsure)

You dont put random jokes to calm people down. It is immature, theres better ways of handling things. Offtopic stays in offtopic.
    I can question your judgement on anything as long as i provide proof, which i have done.

I am on often when you are Edgar, however i often either play on another alias, or im in constant contact with someone whose on the forum. Indeed the latter is one sided, but it gives us an idea of of what goes on. I dont make rash assesments, i think through what is required and i felt it was. Indeed something else could have been said, but i felt it needed a sharp twist in this post, as both the other two posts are rather settled.

I dont want ANYONE to use my denial as reference, by quote or whatever. Make up your own points and someone please, have a good reason why to support/go against him.

14. Edgar Bourne

Edgar Bourne New Member

Fair enough. Thank you for your time.
    Edit: And it was Gene, I was never told that. I just want to let you know I never knowingly ignore or not help someone.

15. Edgar Bourne

Edgar Bourne New Member

After reading Teddi's post for a while, and think about a few things, I want to resign my application. It is way to early for me to apply. I can see every point Teddi is coming from, except the not helping people in game, and agree. I am going to wait a while longer before I apply. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could this be removed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.