I can't play anymore. I've been hijacked

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by chewy1993, Feb 7, 2009.

1. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

My steam account has been hijacked, and before you go say "Shouldn't have told anyone my password" or " Those Emails are Scams" or even "haha". I would like you to think, how vulnerable you are too. YOU DON'T HAVE to of given it away to be hacked. I didn't, I didn't tell ANYONE my password, sign up for those scam sites or anything suspicious. Now, I had to change the password for all of my things to a random hex string. YES I WENT THAT FAR.
    It's now hexadecimal. Now, don't worry, google said it was strong. So strong, that I will forget it. :eek: It's pretty random. Now, I have to wait for VALVe to get my email and respond to it. I know how they are, I've dealt with them. A while back I got the headcrab plushie and vortigaunt. They are defective. The headcrab's got a hole in it, and the Vort's ear is sewed in, and it's mouth is crooked(VERY CROOKED). Did I mention the stitches are like half an inch thick? that's like a whole 1cm. Very cheaply made. Now, we sent out emails, used their support system, etc. Lots of emails to different people. NO REPLIES.

I'm worried about getting my account back. They changed my email before I knew it happened. This may be the end of GMOD for me, for I have no "last chance" for valve's support. I won't be buying my games again either.

This sucks, because I was going to have a LAN party for my Bday, all in offline mode. Now, I can't. The only thing I can play now, is on my laptop. I left it on offline mode, so I can still play HL1 and HL2.

Is there a reason why I can't change my password? It says my current one is incorrect, but when I type it in after logging off, it works.

Thank's Teddi!^^

2. limilim

limilim Active Member

That's gotta suck

3. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

It does. I was just finishing a logo for my server cluster. My friend and I are making a forums for it. :-X . Well, then I got a message that I was disconnected. I ignored it, thinking "network problem". Then I was finished, and tried to join my server. NO GO. I got worried, but tried to login again. nope. I sent out a recovery. I checked my email, and saw that my email was changed on me. :'(

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Contact me to change your password. And you probably got linked to a malicious site without realising it.

5. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

Hmm, the only thing I signed up for recently was IPBfree, the free boards website.

I don't use the same name for anything but steam. I don't know why...

Bad Cookies! I should Eat you!

I'm going to clear them now.

6. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

Did it require you post your email/password?

if you sign up for a website they can (Privately) check if your email password and password you used on their site is the same.

Its happened before.

EDIT: IF its a free website then why would they have you sign up for it?

7. Teddi

Cookies can't do shit.

There's a fake steam website called steampoweredbeta whatever, and it looks identical to steam apart from 2 or 3 details (disclaimers which they say they're not part of steam). After logging in, it redirects you to the actual steam site.

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I scramble every key I type no key logger can catch me.

9. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

My passwords to anything like PayPal and stuff are always like RT3rtBspV9101742 and stuff xD Saves getting hacked or so.

10. Teddi

Brb, stealing your paypal.

11. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

I've seen them. I feel bad for those who fall for it, as they look EXACTLY like steam's.

Don't they download all the assets from a website, and set theres up to be a mirror image, but sinister?

12. chewy1993

chewy1993 Member

That's the same type of thing I do now. Except for making it extremely hard to hack, it makes it exactly as hard to remember.

Dang, I thought that It would automerge. :-[

13. Stanley Kowalski

Stanley Kowalski New Member

14. [BB]Bob

[BB]Bob Active Member

LOL TEDDI

15. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

My paypal password changes every thirty seconds.

16. Advantage

Advantage Some Old Guy

normal terms = " he keeps getting hacked and doesnt know what is going on :'(

17. LavaEagle

LavaEagle New Member

1. Open notepad
    2. Copy this
    Code:
    @echo
    color 0a
    echo Your computer has been compromised.
    pause

3. Save as "Maliciouscode.bat"
    4. Run