Santos_7808 MVP application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Santos_7808, Feb 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Santos_7808

Santos_7808 New Member

Name: Santos_7808

STEAMID: 76561198307811135

I would like to apply for MVP on Surf Easy and Hard.

I feel as if I would be a good admin because I spend at least 1 or more hours on the surf servers daily, and I would be on at later times of the day when most admins are not on. As I see it, I am a semi well know member of the community, most players you ask may know me. I am always helping new players learn how to surf if anyone asks for help and I give input on how they can improve even when others are just being rude to the new players who just want to learn and have fun. I was told MVP would be a better option in my journey of becoming a leading member of the BB community, and I am here to pursue that goal.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
  2. martin

martin New Member

+1
    Nice and friendly guy
    Has helped me out several times without being a dick about it + he has a decent mic :cool:

3. Miravyre

Miravyre [BB] Admin Admin

I would not really advise to trying to re-apply given it's only been 3-4 days since your prior application. You really should give some time as impatience can only negatively impact your chances the more you try to go in head first. I'd just take the advice given in the prior application and give it time, say 1-2 months as mentioned by Pluto in the prior application it was sorta suggested that it's would be good to get to know some of the members that may not currently be active but have still been around for a given time.

boolamp and tuna sub backwards like this.
  4. GrandpaHornsby

GrandpaHornsby New Member

Genuinely nice person and is always very respectful even when everyone is trolling . But in all seriousness I've never seen Santos do anything diabolical on the server and he always tries to help players in need.

tuna sub backwards likes this.
  5. Santos_7808

Santos_7808 New Member

Miravyre I don't mean this in any bad way, I would love to get to know some of the more well-known members of the community but as you said they are not active anymore and that the reason I want to get this privilege.

6. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

I’m not sure how Kaiden is going to judge this app based on reapplying so soon after a denied app, but I just wanted to say I appreciate the diligence in wanting to apply and be a leading member of the community. Interested to see how it turns out! Good luck! :cool:

boolamp and Miravyre like this.
  7. nickthegamer5

nickthegamer5 New Member

By far one of the kindest members on the server, hes helped me a lot with optimizing my routes. Dudes also chill and if there was someone who was playing on the server right now that I would recommend get MVP, it would be him. On top of that, the servers do need more staff during the later hours since that is when I find quite a bit of people are on and sometimes it goes over the edge and there isn't anyone on to help.

8. Scrublordfromstatefarm

Scrublordfromstatefarm New Member

He's a pretty cool guy, I've seen him help a lot of new players learn to surf and he does not cause issues with anyone in the community.

9. boolamp

boolamp [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I would say it might be beneficial to wait after applying so recently. I agree with what Mira said, but i personally feel like you put too much emphasis on activity. Many prominent members, yes even admins, are certainly active on Discord. (From what i've been able to gather you largely ignore the discord part of the community), and many are on Surf itself, even if you don't happen to see them. You can easily get to know everyone through those means. I also think it'd be nice to stop disregarding /admin as that is an easy way to get ahold of us.

Im also not too sure on the prominence of your play time, like i said previously it could be coincidence, but i've played surf almost every day for about 8 months, at one point for 8+ hours a day, and i don't know you that well.

Regardless good luck on app!! it's always nice to see members want to help out more. From my limited interactions with you, you seem chill! I also agree with Pluto, it's nice to see the eagerness to be a bigger part of the community.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Miravyre and tuna sub backwards like this.
  10. tuna sub backwards

tuna sub backwards [BB] Admin Admin

Yooo very true on the mention of disregard for /admin. I know several admins including me who are readily available into the morning hours in US. Using /admin will be the best way to meet the need for assistance, we make sure to be available to meet the demand for every ping we get to assist players.

boolamp and Miravyre like this.
  11. StyngerBee

StyngerBee New Member

Santos stays helping me in surf and as i cant speak for all the other servers and such, however everytime i happen to hop on the tier 1-3 my guy is on and helps out where he can even though im dogwater.

12. Tsuki

Tsuki New Member

Honestly a cool dude, lifts the community when he joins and always helps people out. Definitely deserves it. Much pog, many wow, much stinky.

13. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Will deny this, I appreciate the above posts but unfortunately they're from people that've registered to post (at your request) and haven't really been seen since outside of the server, so it's hard to give them too much weight. I've seen you be helpful but also seen periods where players are asking questions or for help which I've seen not acknowledged, not something major but would have expected responses from you if keen to show capable of being an MVP which is what the role is about.

I'll also briefly mention the chases around the application - I appreciate it's been a few weeks since you applied, but regularly asking for updates in-game and on Discord just isn't helpful, we post when we have a decision but rushing one will just lean it towards no.

I feel you're active and can be a useful support for new players, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need the MVP role. It's appreciated what you're doing at present, and you can use /admin to report when there's significant disruption on the server. I can't see any /admin reports from you so maybe give that ago when action is needed going forward.

Zunero and Miravyre like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.