Tier List

Discussion in 'Surf' started by Soders, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Soders

Soders Member MVP

Hello, I created an updated tier list for the easy server and the hard server; I also made one for climb. It’s meant for players who aren’t familiar with the full map selection. It’s sorted by easiest to hardest difficulty (the tiers regard BB physics) and the average times are based on a simple clean run with minimal mistakes, rounded up, for a first completion. Some higher tier maps were hard to decide times on, might fix them later. I might make an all-time list after the current season ends and I will update the list as maps are added or removed. Big thanks to Elysian for helping sort the surf list, Floof for the original list (was a great resource), and Aloha for thoughts on the climb list. I will post them in a zip or you can just click the links below to view them online.

Attached Files:

boolamp, Miravyre and Elysian like this.
  2. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

It would be great if these lists could show up with a command in game, or in the !menu. Its very common that a new player wants to know the easiest maps on easy server, a experienced player wants to know the easiest maps on hard server, or a player just wants to know the tier of the maps.

boolamp, Miravyre and Soders like this.
  3. Soders

Soders Member MVP

It would be cool to put it somewhere on the wiki so players could reference it in-game. If changes need to be made to the format for it to be included, let me know.

boolamp and Miravyre like this.
  4. Soders

Soders Member MVP

Attached Files:

boolamp likes this.
  5. Toast

Toast New Member MVP

Looked a bit on the tiers of the map and most seemed legit, only few of them I would change (me no do climb, so no roast on that):

Easy Server:
    Rookie: 1 -> 2, grey and neon pink can make this map way harder to beat than it should;
    Meme: 3 -> 2, i understand how some stage can feel weird with lower gravity, but it feels more like a t2 than a t3;

Hard Server:
    MilkyWay 4 -> 3, i feel like this map is comparable to underworld in term of difficulty. it feels harder than most t3 but way easier than other t4 but at the end i would be more confy on putting it t3 than t4 (yes the final ramp is rought, but t4 rough?).

6. Soders

Soders Member MVP

I agree Rookie could be T2 and Meme as well. MilkyWay probably stays T4 although its position might change. :D

7. Soders

Soders Member MVP

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    Miravyre and boolamp like this.
  8. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Member

the boys are back in town

9. Soders

Soders Member MVP

Miravyre likes this.
  10. Soders

Soders Member MVP

Updated tier list with the new maps, accurate wr times, and made it accessible in game. Sorted alphabetically. Might add the cube payouts or keep it as a separate project, find out later™.

Click for a preview of how this works:
    [​IMG]

How to use this:

1. Change the file extension from "tier.txt" to "tier.cfg"

2. Move tier.cfg to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\cfg"

3. Type the following line into console or add it to your config:

alias "tier" "exec tier.cfg"

Now whenever you type tier into console you get all the information. If it stops working after you restart then you need to type "host_writeconfig" into console after step 3 to manually save it to your config.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023