Surf Update 13

Discussion in 'Surf-Skill' started by Teddi, Jun 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

In terms of overall effort this update is a fairly large one. Some of these features have also been out for a while but the update thread was being held off until it had been universally deployed for both easy and hard.

• surf_rookie gets special replacement textures for the grass if you're missing CS:S textures
    • Players with CS:GO mounted will now get replacement textures loaded.
    • Ahop zone prediction has been changed and vastly improved. If you're from Oceanic / European / Your ping is often over 100, you should no longer get "jerks" as you get pulled forwards in a zone.
    • Oasis has had bonus zones mapped.
    • surf_ace bonus zones are now available once again.
    • Ahop zones have been added to surf_ny_advance.
    • Spectate errors are now far more helpful to newer players
    • Suitzoom is back. It took players around 4 days to notice it was back. Are you sure you're using it?
    • Added surf_lovetunnel
    • Added the split system to hard and easy. This nearly killed me, you're welcome.
    • Surf UI now has overall better handling for smaller resolutions.
    • surf_ny_platinum has had its starting line extended to account for players who may have surfed around it
    • stage 4 on simpsons_final has had platforms frozen and ahop zones added to it
    • surf_4head has had cube rewards increased
    • Added surf_squirrelsonvacation
    • Added surf_tronic
    • surf_fruits2 has had a number of teleporter changes made because it turns out a pear is not a watermelon
    • Surf is no longer tubular, removed the motion-sickness inducing texture on surf_summers tube (and a bunch of others to give an overall fps gain)
    • And a whole boatload of other map-specific changes. You'll find because I've had to process each and every map for the split system that various maps have had spawns moved, rejigged, adjusted, ahop zones moved / adjusted etc etc.
    If you find any issues to do with split times not being recorded properly - please report these back to me with the error message as it'll tell me which zone wasn't accounted for and I can get this fixed pronto.

Junior and Kaiden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.