[SUGGESTION] Surf Ranks

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Dextro, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Dextro

Dextro New Member

SURF RANKS

Hello all, I think having ranks in the server would be a great idea.
    It's substantially more fun playing on the server with other people as it makes beating the maps more competative and gratifying. I do still enjoy playing on the server those late lonely nights when no ones around but it's missing a rewarding factor that other surf servers seem to have. A progressive rank system would be rewarding and would motivate people to complete maps despite not being able to beat the current record. If I join the empty server at 3:00am and can't come close to overtaking the curent record I loose quite a bit of motivation to complete the map, but a rank to work towards would fully redeem that. Not only could I try to beat a record but if I am unable I could work towards a different goal

tldr: Progressive rank system would make the server for shity surfers such as myself more rewarding

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Kaiden likes this.
  2. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

By and large, this is pretty simple to implement from our end as most of the systems exist.

What would people like the reward to be? Maybe unique titles (We have to consider how this would coalesce with the existing title system, or if it sits on the side).

3. Dextro

Dextro New Member

Yeah I forgot to specify it being titles lol

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

We're having some pretty strong discussions about this internally because straight-up ranks don't quite play nice in the general eco-system as a whole. That's not to say they're not going to happen - we're just exploring the best way to give you something to work towards; but rewarding you at the same time.