Surf Map Vote Screen Improvement?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Squaesh, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Squaesh

Squaesh New Member

I think it would be helpful to add clear rates or general difficulty info next to the name of each map. It seems people now just kinda click, then end up trying to rtv because the map is too hard.

I realize this might cause problems with people only choosing maps, so to combat this, possibly using the credits payout as a metric of difficulty.

Thanks
    -Squaesh

Kaiden, Teddi and NeverReady like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah agreed, and votemap overhauls are in the works. Difficulty of the map is an important feature, i.e. I'm seeing Ivory voted when a lot of new players are on and it's gutting the server, then they come back when something else is. It's not a bad map it's just not much fun for beginners.

While end of the day harder maps like 4head are going to get voted, if the majority are new players on they're not going to vote one of the harder maps we have generally.

We'd probably need a 1-5 scale different from the Tier system though, as basically all our maps are Tier 1 or 2 so doesn't really explain how difficult they are.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Currently I'm aiming to trial a like / dislike system which may be used in tandem with a difficulty rating. Whether or not this will see release in its current format I'm not sure yet. That said however there should be some minor improvements coming out soon that at least make browsing maps better if you have a widescreen monitor.