Surf Map Statistics

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Killermon, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Internally, we keep some statistics as to how many players we get per map - as we never share them, I thought I would post the current pie chart, showing what the most popular maps are. The popularity is actually based on played minutes, and not how many times it was voted for - so 10 players, for 5 minutes = 50 minutes played; we find times plays gets significantly skewed due to the server occasionally being empty and just auto-cycling maps.

If you're wondering why we don't make our statistic dashboard public, it's because we can't obfuscate the SQL queries used to generate them, which exposes our DB schema.

View the stats here - this is just a snapshot of all data, and will NOT update.

https://snapshot.raintank.io/dashbo...panelId=2&fullscreen&var-server_ip=1613533317

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Always interesting to see the stats, I don't think the top played will surprise many with Kitsune2 leading comfortably, surprised to see Calycate so low though. It's nice to see maps we took a bit of a gamble on like Quark and Ivory (too easy and too hard respectively) comfortably away from least played too.

3. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Equally take into account when the maps were added - if you're after an accurate representation, it's best for us to look a week or two after it first went live.