[SUGGESTION] surf map pick best times??

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chase, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I don't really know what to title this. So I'm suggesting something like a little box next to when you go to pick the next map showing who has had the best run that map pick. Not an all-time best run or best PB but when the map has been picked to when the map goes to change. I don't know if I'm explaining it right. And it wouldn't be something that sticks, but is always new. This may be pointless since there is already a weekly, monthly, all-time, and seasonal. Since there are always new people playing on the server, I think they would be proud or feel as they are getting better just seeing their name up there.

Example: https://prnt.sc/w3frz1

Lisa and JesusCrust like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So basically shows at the end of the map who was the fastest on that map. It's not a bad idea, a bit like a racing game would show the winner once someone's beaten the final lap.

I think there's room depending on resolution, I think it's probably more do we actually capture that information on a per map basis and store it for displaying, and amount of time to develop the GUI for it. Overall I don't think it'd be bad idea, and would be a quick "win" for some players, but ultimately only benefit a small fraction who consistently beat maps (and then beat them well).

upload_2020-12-15_22-49-48.png

Lisa and JesusCrust like this.
  3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Theoretically we do capture that data because we can know when a server started and pull up all times after that point. A question is though does it actually benefit anyone? It would be data that's encapsulated to a 30 minute period and would inherently benefit those who have been on the map for longer vs those joining towards the end.

Lisa, JesusCrust and Kaiden like this.
  4. Elixir

Elixir New Member

Honestly, this seems really cool. Gives a spotlight to players who spend a lot of time on maps and overall a long time practicing on the server. It's surely one good way to spotlight the players that spend a lot of time on this server. Also always donators, staff and regular players to have a equal opportunity so nobody feels left out of something new. I like it.

Lisa likes this.