Sub Admin Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Syrex, Jun 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syrex

Syrex New Member

Hello! It is me, Sy. I've been playing on and off now for about 4 years. Ive always enjoyed playing on this server specifically, and I've met some great people along the way. Ive recently been getting back into the surf grind (as I have more time on my hands) and I really want to show my support and help with administration. I haven't held a staff position yet on this server, so I understand if Sub Admin is out of my reach. However, I've been on long enough to see how to deal with certain situations. I don't necessarily have anything recorded (via screen capture or something along those lines) but I have helped others in the past (those who were struggling with a certain stage or linear map) and guided them towards things they could work on and improve at so their experience would be less stressful and frustrating. Ive also stepped in when things were going too far in chat or voice chat, with mic spammers and people yelling racial slurs, or overall harassing other players. I've always tried to calm down the situation and help people understand that this isn't the place to do those sorts of things, and if nothing was working to get them to stop and a member of staff was offline, I would typically contact someone via /admin. I really do love this server, including the people who pop in to enjoy their time. I want to make a positive impact and help, as this server has made a positive impact on me. I hope you can truly consider me for this position. Much love <3
    ~Sy

General Information:
    Name: Levi
    (this might not be important, but I guess im just trying to give some sort of general sense as to who I am irl)

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Hey, so I think it's worth referring back to your last MVP application, and the reason it wasn't successful. In it I raised that you should record and post some demos of those abusing voice chat that aren't getting muted in your timezone - I can see you haven't done this, nor posted on the forums since the application. I also can't see you using the Discord unless you're exclusively using voice.We spoke in April in-game about how you were unhappy about not getting MVP, and I raised that I still don't have evidence of you helping to combat mic spammers - I didn't really understand the drama that you were trying to generate then (as a joke?) but it's not really what I'd expect of an MVP/Admin.

Sy: I just feel like im unwanted here
    Sy: And maybe its just time I stop playing on this server you know
    Sy: I love you all. Ive had some really great times with all of you. Ill still remember the og squad: Midna,
    Sy: I hope to see you all in another life
    Sy: this is my final gg
    Player Sy left the game (Disconnect by user.)

As well, the only /admin I can see over the past 6+ months for either Sy or Syrex is the below - I don't know if it's you but it definitely isn't what /admin is intended for.

Sy has requested help on [BB] Skill-Surf [Easier Maps (Tier 1-3)] Store | Leaderboards. Message: these fellow surfers picked a garbage map

Appreciate you're clearly keen and interested in supporting the server, but at this stage I don't think anything has changed since the last application and my denial reasons are still valid. With all the above aside I'm glad you've enjoyed playing for 4 years and continue to return.

NeverReady and Junior like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.