Rockshell's 3rd (and hopefully final) admin application.

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Rockshell, May 11, 2010.

1. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

Game Name -
    Rockshell, prestomydo, cleric15, I have various aliases although none of you know them

About Yourself-

I am 14 years old, and although people may criticize me for not being mature enough because of my age, I usually don't like to be degraded accordingly. I consider myself to be just as capable as anyone else whatever age you may be. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and have 3/4 advanced prep classes. My computer isn't a high-tech gaming PC, but it works, and although I might not be as skilled in computers as some other people, I will still ask for help from time to time. I usually spend a lot of time playing video games, and when I get hooked on a game (such as g-mod) I usually explore it in depth before returning to casual play of normal games. Ever since I stumbled across [BB]Deathrun, I bought Platinum after 5 days, and custom model.... months? after that. I'm always happy to contribute to the community, and hope that other people think I am going to be a good addition to the admin team.

Past Admin Experience-

I currently have Super-Op in a minecraft server - "!!!!The best server evar [Garunteed]", and have had admin in a now-dead Counter strike server. I run a minecraft server, and am now admin in 3 others. No admin experience in Garry's mod, and I know it is preferred but really, I don't even play other g-mod servers enough to get involved because I love [BB] so much.

7 hours a week on the server-

I just had my computer fixed today, after 2-3 weeks of inactivity, so this means I'll be getting on ASAP. And the hour requirement has never been, and will never be a problem.

Some time must have been spent on Vent-

EDIT: Vent has become one of the first things I log-into whenever I boot up. I've been on exceedingly many times, and I think I've got this covered.

Admin References:
    "The Jerry"
    I believe Zeke, I'f he was messing around

Player refs:
    Genesis
    The Jazzman (oh yeah!)
    G-man George

Undecided:
    Bundt
    Tuorg
    Zephyr

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    The only reason I didn't wait a couple of months before re-applying is because Teddi posted a new thread about accepting admins a little more openly, and although I'm not sure if I got admin the last time, I've decided not to question Teddi about it, and I'm pretty sure getting banned completely voids your chances. I've decided to give it another go, and I don't plan on getting banned anytime soon.

EDIT: Just for the record, I believe I've "grown out" of this immaturity everyone is accusing me of, although I'm 100% sure it was true a while back

Please post freely, but I really don't want derailing on this one EDIT: Too late.

-Rockshell

2. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

3. Mc Diddles

Mc Diddles <marquee><font size="3" color="blue">Justice Team<

Going to have to say no. No offense, its maturity wise; I mean your a good kid and all, its just I dont think you'll do well. Sorry.

4. Tuorg

Tuorg Pootie Tang

i agree with gman on the maturity part, you try to act mature but it just isn't you i can tell. i'm not saying you shouldn't get it though, but i'm not saying you should. undecided.

5. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

I appreciate both you guys feedback, but I would reeally prefer to not be called a kid.

6. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

Your 14 years old, you are a kid. And I'd have to agree, you've shown your maturity by not having the patience for someone to post on your app, so you bumped it.

7. Mc Diddles

Props to the App though. Maybe I did knock some sense into people, but here's me bragging like a huge faggot so I drew a picture of a spider.

[​IMG]

8. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

Well then I'd appreciate for "kid" to not be used in a demeaning term. And you got me on the bump, although it was four days

9. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

He said that your a good kid, like a good person. Thats not demeaning. And I would have to say I agree, I haven't gotten to know you well enough to determine if your good.

10. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

I quoted xandrah, not Gman.

11. The Jerry

The Jerry Active Member

I'll give you props for being active on the forums, and contrary to common belief age is not that large of an app disemboweler. I came here when I was thirteen and most people thought I was a 18 year old black man. My maturity, my name, and my voice, but obviously Maturity plays heaviest into it. You're young and want to be taken seriously, you gotta prove your maturity like a good portion of these guys did. Plus, you're 14, you're a year or two younger than a good portion of oldfags. The worlds gonna drill you for what bugs you most every day, so choose wisely what annoys you and keep it to a maximum of 2 things tops, cause you don't want to be labeled a whiney bitch on the internet.

For me? Its bullshit, and people who live life like a reality TV show (whether its online or irl). I get fed both those things by the megaton every hour, but you cope and I digress.

I'm gonna give you my thumbs up, even though I have no experience in deathrun in the slightest, I do have a lot when it comes to administration. And if a good KID like you can keep his head above water in the complaint - o - matic that is [BB] Deathrun, you'll give both the internet and my judging skills a better name.

Good luck.

[​IMG]

12. Whitefang

Whitefang ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was 14 when I started developing here, and was sub admin at that time I think, SO YOUR POINTS ARE INVALID.

But yeah, it's mostly about maturity.

13. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

You should try deathrun, it's fun, and thanks for the support

14. Tuorg

Tuorg Pootie Tang

hah jerry that's what people online say about my voice

15. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

<----- is 15 and full admin.

You were called kid because of immaturity not age. I don't know about you and your admin abilities because you seem to get trolled easily or rage off of something stupid aka this thread. I'm neutral.

16. Mc Diddles

I like how I can start a shtistorm without intending to do so.

Besides as I said, I just cant see you dealing with griefers and such.

17. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

1. This isn't a minecraft app.
    2. To be honest, I know I shouldn't go into this, but I remember I was immature around my 1st application, getting kicked by Clive and stuff, and now, I thought that I was controlling my immaturity and flaming back pretty damn well... I think maybe you just remember previous situations, back in my 1st app. If I'm wrong, please correct me as I'm just taking a wild guess here

18. Mc Diddles

I'm not talking about minecraft, I'm talking about Deathrun griefers (or as you call them "trolls"). To be fair, you are taking this app, mature. However, I'm talking personailty wise, I just have that feeling that as soon as this app is over and done, you will go back to old habits.

I may be talking out of my arse here, but prove me wrong. After this app, show me you can be mature without trying to be.

19. Rockshell

Rockshell New Member

Just for you g-man.

20. Mc Diddles

Well. My ref isnt worth jack shit if others don't agree.