RO2 Forums...Grrrr...

Discussion in 'Rant Section' started by Cwivey, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

The oldies, they nit-pick every post made by dev's, saying "how could everything not have been fixed and up to what WE expect by now!". Constantly blorting about the same points over and over and over and over and over and over again. Anyone who goes against them is wrong and not following the whole "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad should be Red Orchestra: OstFront with better graphics" bandwagon. Points are backed up only by opinions. Even the people playing the game right now get attacked for saying they enjoy it, mainly because the oldies can't.

A number of them even refuse to play the game as "It's not what we expected!". I mean seriously, did they even fucking look at all the videos and all the posts about the game before it was released? The only genuine thing they could even talk about is bugs, and they've been pretty nearly erradicated already. But no! Not good enough for them! It should've been done before the game was out! Nevermind the support by the dev's in the weeks following release, they just are so stuck up their own ass that they can't see that the dev's are now trying to create a mode to cater for them personally. The dev's stated the game to be a "More Accessable tactical themed WW2 shooter", this should automatically mean that things are going to be easier to get into, better paced. Generally more fun, less hard graft and getting your face handed to you by a pixel 100 metres away.

The word "Arcade" is thrown about like an insult. Acording to them; Being able to bandage wounds in battle <- ARCADE. Being able to use an eye-sight zooming effect that replicates the human eye's precision somewhat <- ARCADE. Bleeding out while still being able to pop one or two shots towards an enemy before dying <- ARCADE. Unlocks for weapons and characters; CoD has unlocks so it's automatically an ARCADE feature and should not be in the game. Running; they seem to want the game to move at a leisurly walking pace with over-exagerated momentum, nevermind the reasonable speed the characters run ingame now, they must be slowed down to facilitate their need to "create a more intense gaming experience". Maps must be fourteen kilometres long, and the spawn points need to remain stationary, even as objectives are captured! If I wanted to spend fifteen minutes walking to attack someone in a house whom may very well kill me with one shot, I'd go and play ArmA2, at least then I'd still be able to carpet bomb the place with an A-10!

Firefights have somehow become more campy, yet they complain that the game is too fast and too close-quarters as well. What the fuck!

The rose tinted spectacles that they view the past with have completely messed up their view on anyting new and different. Gradually giving up on attempting to defend anything at all about the game already.

/sigh

I wonder how much shit I would've have got if I'd put this on the Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad forums. :v:

I bet hardly any of you even know what Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad is. Still, good to be able to speak my mind. <3

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's pretty much what most new games are like these days, their imagination gets carried off during press releases and it turns out it isn't quite how they want it so the whine about it. This is why forum bans should be handed out in places like these :v:

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Wait I have no idea what RO2 is.

4. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Red Orchestra 2.

5. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Lol... I Googled it and saw Ragnarok Online 2, then wondered how half of what she said made sense...

6. Cwivey

Cwivey See-wivey!

Might just change all RO2's to Red Orchestra 2: Heroes Of Stalingrad to avoid confusion. :p

7. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Like Teddi said, Happens with every new/newish game. Especially with sequels though, People hate change even though they ask for it, etc. People are impossible to please.

8. Zeke

Zeke [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Yes, I've played RO2 so I know all the changes you are talking about. And the bottom line is Zeke doesn't give a shit as usual. If I were you I would have posted this on the RO2 forums just to get people to spite me.

9. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

Morale of the story: Your fanbase is impossible to please.

10. Zephyr1551

Zephyr1551 The Slayer of Bob

That sounds a lot like a certain blue animal that I loved... for the life of me I can't remember his name

11. Sleepydragn1

Sleepydragn1 Serious Business Since 08

Blue? From Blue's Clues? (if you're talking about childhood stuff)

12. King Cole

King Cole Active Member

Here's the mail
    It never fails
    It makes me want to wag my tail
    When it comes I want to waillllllllllll
    MAILLLLLLLLLL

Only thing I can I remember from that show besides the salt and pepper shakers. Granted, this was my brother's childhood, not my own.