[SUGGESTION] random map option suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Ari<3, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Ari<3

Ari<3 New Member

it probably seems really small or dumb, but i think an option to pick a random map alongside being able to pick any map, it would just work the same way as if nobody picked a map

it would make variety more possible and help new players discover new maps alongside giving the maps that are rarely played a chance to be played more. I personally think it would be a great idea, although there's a chance it might get picked so much that map selection never happens unless the server is on low player count. Thoughts?

Soders and Miravyre like this.
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Something similar to this was in the pipeline but I hadn't actually considered it as an actual option on the menu. A reasonable suggestion!

Soders and Miravyre like this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So what could be interesting is like a Random Map button at the top which shows the votes like other maps, and if that wins you get a random map out of the pool. Could be further incentivised with say increased cube gains or the like if it wins, but may not even be needed. I like the idea though!

upload_2021-9-11_11-46-36.png

Soders likes this.
  4. Soders

Soders Member MVP

This is a great idea and I'd like to see this added.

2022 Edit: This would be so useful lately, I think a lot of people would vote random map if it was added.
    :)plz add this

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    Elysian likes this.
  5. Elysian

Elysian Member MVP

A random map option would be awesome, would be even better if it was the first option instead of 4head, 4head being always the first map gives it a lot of votes even though its a bad map, a random map instead would fix that. Good suggestion.

Miravyre, Kaiden and Soders like this.
  6. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Still be a good addition to Votemap menu.

NeverReady likes this.