[SUGGESTION] Races on Surf

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

So I joined a different Surf server today (European) and outside of their weird surf rank and experience gains they had an interesting Race mode. The tab was pretty simple;

upload_2017-6-3_14-55-24.png

The idea was you could bet your in-game currency (in their case whatever SWZ is and "Surf XP"). I was discussing it with Teddi and this seemed like an interesting idea. I wanted to run it past you as the players and if you had any ideas on what you'd like to see with this feature, or if it's even something you'd like to use?

My general ideas are;
    • Bet amounts would be pretty low; we don't want this to be used as a trading platform for someone to give 100s of thousands of cubes away, it's more about fun and bragging rights.
    • You'd be able to turn off receiving "challenge" or race requests in F1.
    • I like the idea of setting the objective as either a certain stage, or the end of the map. The first player to reach that point wins, and is announced to the server.
    • Perhaps something like a race trail to indicate the 2 players are racing so others can watch? Would be time limited perhaps to prevent players just starting a race to have a trail.
    Just some ideas anyway, let me know what you think.

NeverReady likes this.
  2. Rhythums

Rhythums [BB] Admin Admin

I think this could be an entertaining feature to have even without the betting aspect

NeverReady likes this.
  3. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

I think it's a great idea. I also think being able to have small tourney's or 4 to 8 person races would be fun as well.

4. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

I can't even surf and I think it would be a cool thing to have. It would maybe give people a motive to actually play on the server with their friends rather than to just get on and chitty chat.
    Maybe actually, even surf.

Kaiden likes this.