[SUGGESTION] Public race?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chase, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

The title kind of says it all. It would be a cool idea to have a public race every now and then. Maybe somewhere in chat to say something like " A Public Race is about to begin. Type !join to join the race and have the chance to win some cubes! "
    The prize could go two ways. One way could be entering you need to have a min of 1000 cubes to join or, a set prize for first place. 5000 maybe? Once !join it would teleport you back to spawn and have a countdown for when the race begins and obvi when the timer reaches 0 the race begins. Or how race already works. It would teleport you to spawn and count down while locking you in a spot.

Soders, Junior, Killermon and 3 others like this.
  2. Lisa

Lisa [BB] Admin Admin

i like this idea, but i don't think having a set prize is a good idea. i like the idea of all cubes coming from other players, but if you have a set amount like 5k cubes for the winner while say only 2-3 people join, then they can spam public races for free cubes if they keep winning. Unless you mean like a random event that just happens, then i like the idea of the 5k cubes as well and have it happen every hour or 2 etc. :p

Soders likes this.
  3. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Yes, yes. A random thing that happens. Not something someone can trigger or start on their own.

Soders likes this.
  4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I like the idea. I think Races are currently tied to groups due to some system limitations. Maybe it's possible for those opting in to be put into a group, but I imagine it'd be a bit of work. Also may be size limitations on groups. It's a good idea though and would be nice to see "world event" type events happening that players could participate in.

Soders likes this.