[SUGGESTION] Please God Change Vote Music

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Daddy, Jul 19, 2017.

?

Change the voting music?

1. Yes - Jazzy Frenchy

2. Yes - Brazil Samba

3. Yes - Other

4. No, keep the same.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy

Daddy [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

If I hear what can only be described as an annoying concatenation of garbage one more time while voting I just might off myself. I don't know long it's been around and I'll stand down if it's always been that way and changing would just feel weird, but I figured I'd share my opinion and offer up something different just for fun. I liked the idea of something jazzy or something spicy maybe, so I came up with these two royalty free music tracks:

I'd understand if you were outright against the idea, but even if it interests you a little I suggest being open minded and maybe have some fun with just trying different options. Thanks for reading.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Not opposed to change if people attach a specific replacement music files and there's a consensus by most it's better, otherwise I don't think Teddi is going to go looking for another, it's been around quite a while but not sure when it was added exactly.

Perhaps an F1 option to disable Vote Map music, like you can for Store Purchase music.

NeverReady likes this.
  3. Daddy

If anything the F1 option sounds dope af. Maybe even have multiple soundbites up for selection in F1 menu so you can customize the players experience ;>

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The thing is once you start investing time in Vote Map music UI and sounds and customisations you're taking time away from something like Branding(?), MOTD messages (??) or systems like Races(???). Really it's going to be well low down on any list and I wouldn't lie when I say there are other systems I'd much rather see worked on :) I'd settle for an F1 toggle to disable it or replacement music if one was provided, but that'd probably be it.

x9nine likes this.
  5. Daddy

I wasn't asking for prioritization, rather putting an idea out there I felt hadn't been suggested before. I agree there are cooler things I'd like to see worked on first, but those are already in development, so I just wanted to bring this up no matter how low on any list it may get put. Whether or not we do come to some consensus on replacing the music, being able to toggle the music sounds like a fantastic quick fix!

6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Although there's no displayed option in F1, bb_votemapmusic 0 will disable votemap music.

Daddy and Kaiden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.