[BUG] Platinum Freeze Bugs with !r & !stuck

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chaco #11, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Chaco #11

Chaco #11 [BB] Admin Admin

Hello!

Recently, I encountered a bug while playing around the with bb_surf_freeze platinum feature when using !r and or !stuck. While !r & !stuck react different with the freeze feature, the functionality with the commands are unintended behavior.

First, we will start with the freeze feature and the !r chat command.
    If you were to use the freeze feature and freeze yourself in mid-air and use the !r chat command, you will be reset and unfrozen however, the server will still think you're frozen. Meaning, if you run the !r chat command while frozen and start surfing again and use the freeze command after running the reset command, you will not be frozen and be returned a chat message claiming you've been unfrozen when you're not.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Jump off a platform/Surf and reach 400u/s+
    2. Upon 400u/s+, run the bb_surf_freeze command
    3. Run the !r chat command to be reset while frozen
    4. Re-do steps 1-2 again
    5. You will see that you will not be frozen and will receive a return message in chat that you've been unfrozen when you're not frozen.

Secondly, we move to the freeze feature and the !stuck command.
    This bug is a little more serious than the previous as this requires you to fully reset.
    If you were to use the freeze feature and freeze yourself in mid-air and use the !stuck chat command, you will reset and still be frozen. If you attempt to run the bb_surf_freeze command again to be unfrozen after running the !stuck chat command, you will be denied as you're not going 400u/s+. You are forced to !r in order to be unfrozen(previous freeze feature + !r come into play).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Jump off a platform/Surf and reach 400u/s+
    2. Upon 400u/s+, run the bb_surf_freeze command
    3. Run the !stuck command to be returned to a previous level (at this point you should not be able to move)
    4. Run the bb_surf_freeze command to attempt to unfreeze yourself
    5. Notice the results

If this was difficult to understand, feel free to let me know. I will record a video of the two bugs above. I'm not good with explaining things too well, haha!

Soders likes this.
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

So to clarify: !r and !stuck don't reset frozen status? I did do some work with !r a while back to unfreeze you, it's possible something changed and it isn't quite clearing correctly.

Soders likes this.
  3. Chaco #11

Chaco #11 [BB] Admin Admin

Status... that's the word I was looking for last night.

!r & !stuck both don't reset frozen status times, yes.
    !stuck will reset you to the beginning of the map while keeping you frozen but you're unable to unfreeze as you're not going 400u/s+ until you !r.

Here's an amazing video I put together of what I mean.

Cheers

Kaiden likes this.