[ACCEPTED] More season winner slots//

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chase, May 30, 2017.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I think if maybe there was a 4th and 5th spot for season winners alot more people would go for it. The reward doesnt even have to be as big as 1-3. Maybe 4th could win like 150k cubes and 5th could win 50k cubes. I understand the 1-3 winners but i feel like most people dont even try because they know they cant get top three.

2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's an interesting idea. Why do you think top 5 vs say, all those on the top 10?

I'm trying to explore what people think would work best for them - and if so; how we would tier it.

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah I do like the idea of smaller rewards for those still getting pretty high placements. Hearthstones rank system of the higher the rank you get in a season the more in-game currency and items you get springs to mind. And yeah doesn't have to be high amounts, but getting 4th place and getting nothing when 3rd is getting a mil or whatever guess can be pretty punishing (especially as top 3 tend to be pretty similar each season IIRC).

4. Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody New Member

i dont do time trials (well only a 1 out of 1 million times i surf) so i dont go for seasonal so it dont matter to me, but i think going top 5 or maybe top 10 would be a good idea.

5. Chase

Well, ive been thinking about it for a few months now. Wondering how it would work and rewards and such. Im not sure if everyone just doesnt try but it seems as if there alot of people that get around the same time. Top 10 seems like alot, tho they wouldnt get a mega reward. But honestly with as many people playing now top 10 could be interesting. I love the whole season idea and gif of it because no other server has it and its unique. How would the rewards work tho with that many? 500k cubes for 4th and then cut 50k off each rank down?

Kaiden likes this.
  6. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

I think expanding the amount of Season Winners is a great idea. I know for myself, and I'm sure many other players, competing for the top 3 spots against players like bigdog, bangman, obblivion, etc isn't really viable. For myself, I've been working my times and would love to aim for something like top 5 or top 10, as it gives a bit of motivation to continue improving while not being discouraged. Top 10 might be expanding it a bit far, but I think a top 5 system would work well and give some lower-tier surfers something to go for.

Kaiden and NeverReady like this.
  7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah there seems to be a general consensus that this'll be a good idea, I think we'll most likely go ahead with increasing it, but will need to decide between top 5, top 10, or somewhere in-between (and the rewards that go with).

8. Rhythums

Rhythums [BB] Admin Admin

Chase didnt even give me credit for the idea smh

NeverReady likes this.
  9. Teddi

Well who came up with the original idea?

10. Teddi

Also, as of the next surf season, we'll be announcing something similar to the vein of this suggestion.

Kaiden likes this.
  11. Chase

me

NeverReady likes this.
  12. Rhythums

Rhythums [BB] Admin Admin

Smh

NeverReady likes this.