MidnaGigglz Full Admin App

Discussion in 'Denied' started by MidnaGigglz, Jul 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnaGigglz

MidnaGigglz New Member MVP

I've been admining on BB's servers as Sub-Admin for shortly over a year now. While I understand my punishments are usually more empathetic and not so serious, I am very consistent in when and who I do decide to punish. I've always been more forgiving and I don't think changing my attitude on punishments to act like everybody else is necessary to be a good admin. I believe people deserve the chance to try again in a shorter amount of time than 12 hours+, unless they're blatantly screaming or spitting music through their mic which in those cases I tend to be less forgiving. That being said, I do plan to start tightening down on the rules and all in all being more strict in order to prove I'm more than capable of punishing when necessary. Being a part of BB has been a really great experience for me so far and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon so hopefully the great opportunity of a promotion doesn't seem so far fetched to you guys. Thanks for taking the time to read through my application :v) -Midna

Doggo, Lightning, Squaesh and 4 others like this.
  2. Glitchy_Gamer

Glitchy_Gamer New Member

Midna has been on the server ever since I've joined, and most likely longer, and ever since she's never taken breaks to my knowledge and she is on pretty much all throughout the day. She's done a good job of keeping all the cancer out of the server and making sure everyone has a great time without being annoyed by some 12 year old kid. I believe she'd make a perfect full admin for the server, thank you for reading my reply :)

3. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

I honestly can't agree with this. I don't see the point in you having full-admin when you don't do your job as sub-admin. There have been multiple points in time where we've been on at the same time and you've waited for me to ballpit or sandbox someone while you've been actively typing in chat. (This also applies to when there are other admins on, not just me) One of these times I was tabbed out, waiting for the ballpit and tab back into G-mod to see you write my name; "never? lol", waiting for ME to apply the ballpit. What's the point in promoting you if you do nothing now? I know my comment sounds a little salty, but it's how I honestly feel about this. No point in promoting someone who doesn't do their job.

-rep.

Lightning and Ulapin like this.
  4. MidnaGigglz

MidnaGigglz New Member MVP

Fair enough, you make a good point, but as I said in my app I would be and I am putting in the needed effort to develop stricter admining policies.

Daddy likes this.
  5. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

But you need to show that you're actually putting in the effort. Not doing your job unless you're the only admin on doesn't show that.

Edit: wasn't paying attention to what I wrote. What I actually meant to say is that you need to show that effort before you actually get promoted. You can't get promoted and then change everything.

MidnaGigglz likes this.
  6. Zylo

Zylo New Member

I think Midna isn't strict enough but if she can start being more strict and not allowing things that deserve punishment slide by I believe she would be good for the job. She usually only punishes people who reapeatedly mic spam or that play music over the mic instead of punishing everybody who breaks the rules. I don't think the whole waiting for other admins to ballpit people is that big of a deal, but it definitely is nonsensical. If that can stop too she would be great. +rep

7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Going by feedback provided in and out of this thread I think it's best we put this on hold for now. While you're very active, we do get the occasional report of friends sometimes being allowed to get away with more than they should, and sometimes others having to step up and proactively administrate instead of you. While not major issues (although can always be improved), it's something that can be improved before getting Full Admin. As you acknowledged above you're going to work on these things for a while, so I don't see any harm in applying again in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.