MidnaGigglz Admin/Sub-Admin Application

Discussion in 'Approved' started by MidnaGigglz, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnaGigglz

MidnaGigglz New Member MVP

• Name - MidnaGigglz
    • SteamID - STEAM_0:0:89415008
    • Server(s) you wish to apply for whatever role - I would like to apply for Sub-Admin on [BB] Surf
    • Why you think you should be <Sub-Admin>. - I've had a fair amount of experience with being admin on a few servers (mostly ttt and murder) but I'm don't have any experience with coding or anything like that, I'm more of a peacekeeper. I've gotten a lot better at surfing and I have quite a few hours on the server and Garrys Mod. I'm on for most of the day all through the week unless something comes up and I can't be on as often. I'm responsible and will not abuse my power unless I know it's okay to and I think I'll be able to help a lot with the micspammers and annoying players in general.
    Thanks for reading!

2. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

There is never a time where it's okay to abuse admin powers. You either use them correctly, or you use them abusively. Also as with the rest of the rush of apps today, this is your first and only forum post, and you've only been a forum member for less than a day at this point, which leads me to think you only joined to post this, and not out of actual interest in the forums or the community outside of the surf server.

3. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Repeating myself on this post from another admin application I just read:

You have kind of already dug yourself into a hole with that statement. I would continue to be an active, positive user despite having admin or not, and think about what it means to be a positive member of the community before considering admining as something you'd like to do again.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

I expect on the abuse part, they probably meant like the other day where we teleported people to a bonus room/desert island, rather than abuse kicking or so.

Also remember the applications are a lot less strict than back in the day. I think going forward any Admin applications are only going to be from people new to the forums, and as the forums are relatively quiet, it'll be much harder for them to build up a decent postcount without basically spamming. On the community, as the community IS basically the Surf server currently, don't think that can be helped so much.

5. Ender

Ender Member MVP

I've seen Midna on the server quite often and she does seem to keep a level head about most situations. Haven't seen really any confrontations or incidents that have occurred personally.

6. Bundt

Bundt DJ Pauly D MVP

I agree with Kaiden, our new community hasn't quite yet embraced our forums and so prior forum experience isn't something really to judge on at this point in time. We do in fact have Ender who is a full-admin now with a minimal amount of forum posts.

As for the application, I think she will do fine as a sub-admin for our surf server as she has a clean record, is among good standing among the surf community, and I do think we are still lacking the adequate amount of staff to maintain our server(s) at all hours. I am glad she applied because I strongly think having her on our roster will be beneficial toward the surf server.

Teddi likes this.
  7. Xandrah2

Xandrah2 Fear me puny humans!

I guess they could see it like that? Generally that kind of thing isn't considered abuse of powers to me, when I hear abuse, I think kicking/muting and things like that.
    True enough about the forums, I suppose they are kind of quieter than they used to be, so it's less likely that people will be here unless there's a specific reason. Though Ender was making suggestions left and right for a decent time before applying. And as I've said, I'm not really a surf player, so I don't know how active they actually are, so if you active people think they'd be a good fit that's probably a better measure of it than going by just the app itself.

Kaiden likes this.
  8. MidnaGigglz

MidnaGigglz New Member MVP

That is exactly what I meant, I apologize for that I should have worded it differently.

9. Kaiden

Been a week but going to extend for a few more days to follow up with some people and discuss properly with Teddi! If anyone has any more feedback please add.

10. Evasive Pickle

Evasive Pickle New Member

I'd be onboard with making Midna an admin, (This is just an opinion of mine) Honestly, out of all the people who I've met in this community, I think Midna deserves it.(I wish sad was an admin too but he doesn't apply for anything)

11. Kaiden

Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.