[SUGGESTION] Local Mute of Text Chat for Session

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Kaiden, Jan 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Appreciate this is on Git but for awareness.

With Surf popularity as high as ever, we're seeing renewed requests for a chat mute against a specific player for that session (map). I'd argue Chat Usage has seen an uptake, and with Ballpit now the primary punishment we're expecting players to use it as their alternate communication. BB_IgnorePlayer is ideally a last resort, not something we advertise well, and can be difficult to both apply and then remove.

The below example shows the 3rd player down both voice and text muted, could we get something like this implemented? I feel it'd be a great improvement. As it's only for that session I don't feel it creates any massive barriers.

upload_2021-1-30_12-58-55.png

Chaco #11 likes this.
  2. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

3. Kaiden

I note the action from last August where it says about muting via right-clicking their name. I wonder if the delay is partly down to that new mechanic needing designing, I don't think it needs to be that complicated. Ideally we should keep the tools in the same pane (like above), rather than sending users sometimes to chat and sometimes to scoreboard. I think the above is probably the simplest implementation and to me at least makes the most sense.

4. Kaiden

Bump as feel this is still needed.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

An update has gone live featuring new changes and additions. Will close this pending any additional feedback that this new system doesn't provide (!ignore).

JesusCrust, Chaco #11 and Kaiden like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.