Linear, staged, or hybrid?

Discussion in 'Surf' started by noobpro97, May 14, 2018.

1. noobpro97

noobpro97 New Member

What maps type do you guys like? What's your favorite map of the three kinds? What makes a good map to you?

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Linear is definetly more popular currently, which makes it harder to find decent staged maps (which are probably my preference as I can AFK between stages).

When looking for new maps we have to weigh up quite a few things, and we don't always get it right *cough* aqua. But ultimately if it scales well, doesn't look like junk and no obvious performance/bug issues then I'm happy.

I really like the style of 2 of our newer maps, Gleam and Dragon. Asethetically my favourite is probably Surf_Milkyway on our Hard Server.

3. noobpro97

noobpro97 New Member

I'm a lover of the linear myself. Though I say that hybrid is probably better all around. Mainly due to the fact that when I stop to help the new surfers its more like showing them one trick instead of an entire run. I tend not to go on hard cause everyone always wants healthy or spacejam for some reason.

4. constable

constable New Member

Depends on how well the map is made. Linear maps are in general better, for example nyx. Hybrid maps can be very fun if done well, however this is usually harder to pull off than linear. Staged maps can be fun if at a high tier.