Lightning's Mvp Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Lightning, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

Name - (Bradyn or Lurking Lightning or Lightning)
    Steam id - STEAM_0:0:184695180
    Skill Surf/MVP

I joined around the beginning of the summer where I was met to a lot of helpful and respectful people. Day in and Day out I find more things to do and meet new people to hang with on the server. I feel my contribution to the server has been enough to fill the spot as MVP. I try my best to record others spamming or using their mic inappropriately but I find it hard to help when I do so since almost 60% of the time the person ends up leaving and never joining again to receive that punishment. I want to help and I believe my common appearance will help sustain that ability to help the server since I've been here commonly for about 6 months now. I fully comprehend my age and that I'm 1 month away from turning 14. I understand that you guys have gone through people abusing their power at my age but I feel I have proven myself worthy to be responsible on this job and I need the community to back me up when making decisions as MVP I can't do it alone without the server agreeing with me. I want to thank you guys for helping me enjoy this time on this server and making it more enjoyable I hope to have a lot more time on here and I hope this time we can see what the community thinks of me.

Thanks - Lightning

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  2. Malice

Malice New Member

Pros:
    • Active
    • Knows rules
    • Helpfull
    Cons:
    • He's a little young, and has sometimes showed immaturity (But we all do sometimes)
    • Although I haven't heard him mic spam in game, i have heard him get really loud in the discord. Idk if he does this at all in game if people that he knows are on or not.

I am not extremely familiar of the exact values of people you want as staff/MVP (cause i tried to meet what i thought were good values and that didn't work out too well), but i think he would work ok in the MVP role.

Lightning likes this.
  3. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

Thanks for the comment! I agree we all do show some immaturity. In game I try and stay quiet as I am still growing in maturity and I believe my past talkative state was less mature then now. In discord, me, and a group of others do tend to get loud because we are having fun and playing random games sometimes so if I'm too loud my bad and I will try and fix that.

-lightning P.S thanks for the support!

Update: also im only speaking for me in discord I'm not saying everyone is speaking loudly in the discord it might just be me since i don't wanna call anyone out. Also in discord if I'm speaking loudly it's more then likely since I'm enjoying myself and not paying attention to my voice or I'm trying to get their attention (I don't speak in game for that very reason and I feel that, Trying to speak and get attention will only break rules or disturb others from enjoying the game on the server that is why I talk in discord.) But I think I speak for a lot of people when Im online I really wanna talk to others and go crazy and that's what I feel is respecting the server is when I set aside a point to where I type in chat and I speak freely through discord so I don't disturb others. I don't go overboard but I do speak more freely then what I would on the server since I try and respect the fact that others I don't know or that are new don't hear that and aren't dragged away from the server while friends I've known for 6 months can handle that and have fun as well through discord. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  4. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

This gross kid should be accepted, he is probably more mature than I am but yeah he should haha tbh

Lightning likes this.
  5. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

He does get noisy in Discord, but I think that applies to a lot of us tbh. I myself am quite noisy in Discord.
    I think as long as he shows good behavior on the server (which he does and has), it should be sufficient.
    Sometimes you gotta have more fun with your friends. :) For Lightning, being noisy is not something that carries over to the actual [BB] server and I don't think he should be put down for it.

x9nine and Lightning like this.
  6. Jr6150

Jr6150 [BB] Admin Admin

Definitely has the spirit and commitment. Deserves to try MVP at the very least +1

NeverReady and Lightning like this.
  7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Accepted. We had a long discussion about age here. While we wouldn't want to discriminate just on age, we've had experiences in the past with younger admins that make us wary of hiring under the age of around 15. With MVP now being a thing we have more leeway, as it's not an admin position, rather a moderator in ways. So with that we're going to trial with MVP; no guaruntee it'll be permanent, but we'll see how it goes for the rest of the year. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.