[SUGGESTION] Gravity Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Junior, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

I feel like it would be a nice addition to the server to be able to select the players local gravity.

As in the options menu should have a dropdown sorta bar and have the options between 600 and 800.
    and platinum have something like 120 xd

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

One best for teddi to answer, I understand we had various "modes" and it got messy, I'm not opposed to a mode to swap between 600 and 800 however, although one wouldn't set times.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

It's interesting you mention it as it was something I was looking into recently. The problem is how do we take into account timetrials (and if they should impact them at all).

4. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

I was thinking that you should add a modes feature, like typing /modes and it'll give a menu to what mode you want it, and should all have separate time trials for it, like on Gravious' gamemode, because even Bonuses added to modes could change how it is and probably put time trials for it.

So different modes shouldn't impact trials, they should just be in another group, like Low-Gravity (normal), High-Gravity (Harder) and just be able to switch through it as you go on, once or if it releases all normal times should stick the same, and people who want to try a different mode for themselves they'd have to get a whole new time on that mode if they haven't already.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Once upon a time we had modes in the forms of difficulties and we found it actually made it damaging to the population as a whole because people would join the server, not bother playing the core gameplay and go for some absurd mode, get annoyed and then quit.

The only way I could see bringing them back is if we made it conditional to meeting some criteria before they got to try out such gameplay as opposed to being unlocked from the get go. The other question is does this actually bring any gameplay of value to players? Fundamentally we want to introduce things that can be generally enjoyed across the wider playerbase as opposed to a few players that may want to try surfing with some slightly different grav values.

6. Sleepless

Sleepless New Member

You could make it so that someone has to beat the map normally first before they can use the other modes so that they don't immediately get pissed off at the difficulty. The low requirement for the other modes makes sure that a lot of people will be able to get to them but since it's not available from the start they're not screwing themselves over and getting mad. Gives people a goal to work for on maps other than to just beat it since most people don't really bother with times. The sense of progression also gives players a reason to come back to the server (besides to surf of course).

Kaiden likes this.
  7. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Yeah gating it behind beat the map or beat 10 maps in total or so wouldn't be a problem really. The mode could reset back to our standard 600 on map change and you'd need to retoggle it if you wanted. It'd be nice to see even a console command to change between 600 and 800, where you can't set times on 800, at least it'd allow players to try it in theory.