[SUGGESTION] For BB Go Fish

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Bugs' started by Chase, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

So I didn't know where else to post this but I was going to play the Go Fish server and there was this one kid that every time I spawned in my pole he would throw it into the water. Is there a way to make it where if someone spawns in something such as a pole or hook only the person that spawned it can pick it up?

Kaiden likes this.
  2. Chase

Also another suggestion would be for a command like !clear and for it to put up a vote to clear the items on the map. Right now there is so much stuff all around the map and its hard to find a spot to fish. And sometimes big items can be in spawn and itll force you to be stuck. Plus some people see enemies and they throw them into the water and you cant fish in that spot because they will shoot you and you cant do anything because the water kills and you cant shoot them above water because you cant see them.

3. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I'll add the following things -
    • Move the spawn point and make it so items in this area automatically get removed (in a slightly bigger area as to not allow for easy blocking)
    • Re-add the ability to sell items somehow. When i ported the gamemode I disabled this feature mostly because it was utterly broken at the time.
    • Make it so water will destroy / kill npcs.
    • Prop protect the core fishing rod items.
    Hopefully this should make the overall experience better. The server also restarts once per-day so that should facilitate cleanup for the interim.

Kaiden likes this.
  4. Chase

Awesome, thank you.

5. Teddi

To clarify one thing, was he picking up your rod via the gravgun or by the use button? Double checking the code shows that there's already prop protection for the gravgun, although there is one scenario in that I could maybe see it not working.

6. Chase

The use button. I would place the rod down and go to put a hook on it and he would just pick it up and throw it in the water.

7. Teddi

That makes sense then, the use system isn't currently protected via the prop protection system.

Chase likes this.
  8. Teddi

Following changes are live
    • You can now recycle Ocean trash. Depending if the item is yours or someone elses the cube reward changes.
    • You can no longer +use on fishing rod items if the rod is not yours or the you're not on the owners prop protection friend list.
    • Spawn protection in terms of props are now a thing. All the archways are now spawn zones and props can not be taken in to them.

9. Chase

More suggestions:
    A highlight around NPC's to show if they are friendly or enemy. Like red for enemy and green for friendly. I kinda just kill whatever comes out because I don't know which is friendly.
    A leveling system might be really cool. Every catch or kill gives exp and you level up which could unlock anything. From like a title to receiving a discount on weapons.
    Making the larger items that you have to use a grav gun worth more in the bin. I have a lot of cube boost perks and i still only get 113 cubes for them, when the grav gun cost 2000. I just don't think it would really be worth it for people that have no perks. + the large scrap item that looks like a wing doesn't get accepted in the bin

NeverReady likes this.