Donation system is now live!

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Teddi, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

As of today, it's now possible to donate for Platinum via an automated process at www.bbroleplay.co.uk/donate. You just log in with your Steam username / password and Steam itself takes care of the rest.

A quick FAQ (for what isn't already there) -
    • Wait, I log in with my username / password I use on Steam?! What gives!
      • The donation system uses the OAuth protocol. We never actually see your username / password, just an a-ok that you are who you say you are.
    • Is Platinum only going to be the only thing featured there?
      • For now.
    • I want to donate for a friend but I don't want to log in with their Steam Account!
      • You can generate a donation code which your friend can use /redeem to get their benefits.
    If you have any further questions, check out the donation page or ask below!

Kaiden and Killermon like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

And as I didn't see it elsewhere, if a player asks in-game, please ask them to type /donate for the donate page. There's also a "Donate!" link at the top of the Forums next to the Punishment tab. :)

I get the odd question about Cubes and Titles so it'll be great to get those systems live too; even though a lot of you won't like losing existing titles (maybe we can keep a couple!)

3. Teddi

Cube purchasing is now live as well. It's $2.50 per 40,000 cubes which like the Platinum system, can either be redeem against your account or a redemption code to give to someone else!

If you're not entirely sure how much the amount of cubes you want will cost, you can just put the number of cubes into the box and it'll automatically calculate it for you.

Kaiden likes this.
  4. Kaiden

Woo, just need some more items :D

5. Kaiden

Quick update that the donation price for Cubes has been reduced!

Old Price: $2.50 per 40,000 Cubes.
    New Price: $2.50 per 60,000 Cubes.

As you can tell, pretty significant gains for cube donations, and as we look to add more unique, developed and interesting items over time, as well as cube sinks such as the lottery (and more to follow), you may find yourself wanting more cubes for the server. We'll continue to monitor the donation costs, and the currency over time to avoid hyperinflation and the like.

6. Teddi

Crates are now available via the donation page available in four different packages - https://bbroleplay.co.uk/donate .

They'll start dropping later this week for players normally in game meaning that donation won't be the (almost) sole way to get them.

Edit:

Eth9n already got an unusual :')
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    eth9n, Kaiden and Killermon like this.
  7. Brinker

Brinker Member

That signature tho ;)

8. Teddi

As of current there's an issue with the donation system which is outside of our control. Steam OAuth validation isn't working correctly so when you attempt to log in, it may tell you your credentials are invalid even though you're already logged in. This is outside of our control and needs Valve to correct and so if you want to donate for anything please PM me on the forums, Steam or Discord and I'll be able to assist.

9. Teddi

I forgot to update this recently, however we're back to normal operations now.

Kaiden likes this.