Deathruns Return

Discussion in 'Deathrun' started by Killermon, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

In the next week or so, we plan on bringing the Deathrun server back online. Over the years, it slowly fell into a state of disrepair, until a few months ago where we finally killed it with some internal BBase updates, after which we took the server down.

When we bring deathrun back, it will have a fresh lick of paint, a new backend and have all the new, shiny BBase features you’ve come to know and love - the shop, all your items, trails, the PM System Etc...

It will also be coming back with all the original platinum bonuses:
    • 200 HP
    • Extra running and jump power
    We’ve added some new, generous cube incentives to the server to hopefully get some attention; these are the major ones, but there are more:
    • If you’re a runner, regardless of being dead or alive, you will get cubes
    • If you’re a runner, you will get cubes for getting to the end and killing a death
    • If you’re Death and you’re alive, you now get cubes for every runner who dies
    So, the primary purpose of this thread is to try to see what suggestions people have for a general Deathrun direction. We always have the problem that after a while, Deathrun just stagnates. All ideas are welcome!

Kaiden and Teddi like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Sounds great; imo I think the model we have works well, and we still have people posting today who joined initially from playing DR. I believe it died down last time because people were kept waiting too long for needed updates, now these are there I think it has lots of potential.

3. eth9n

eth9n [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Very excited to see DR make its comeback!

CrystalCastles and Kaiden like this.
  4. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

I've never been into Deathrun very much, but I will definitely give it another chance since there will be all the great BB features and the community.

5. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

I was into DR quite some time ago and it was a small server and i loved it! Maybe this will get me back into it.

6. Kaiden

/portal now works again, so can get players to join by telling them to type /portal and clicking on Deathrun (better than telling them to type out IP etc).

CrystalCastles and NeverReady like this.
  7. ButtonMash

ButtonMash New Member

Love death run wish more people would play it though...

8. Kaiden

Last night we saw the server full at 26/26 :) As we add more features and make people more aware of DR we're seeing increase in traffic. It's best to add the server to your favourites and keep an eye on it, or arrange for a group to join it, as people generally follow shortly after.