Daddy's Sub-Admin Application

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Daddy, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy

Daddy [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

Name: Jack
    SteamID: STEAM_0:1:46787806
    Servers: Surf Easy, Surf Hard, Deathrun

Firstly, let us come to an understanding on my punishments. It is to my understanding that the majority
    of the punishments I have received stem from yelling. I am a generally loud person that comes from a loud family and I find yelling humorous in some situations; however, that conduct isn't found suitable for those entrusted with a responsibility and power to moderate the server. While I understand the amount of punishments I have received is unusually high for someone applying to this position, once you remove yelling from the equation that list is substantially shorter. In short summary, I understand that by taking this position I will be expected to withhold the ideologies of the BB community and all that entails. (No more yelling).​

Secondly, I'm a well-known member within the servers and have made strides to better the
    community. When it comes to being helpful, I'm more reasonable than most. I have binds explaining the intricacies of the server and when a situation arises that I don't have a bind for I will manually give them the information requested or required. I'm no novice when it comes to surfing. While I may not be the best in the bunch, I have no issue pointing others to the right person for advice if it surpasses my own capabilities; if within my range of expertise, however, I've shown more than happy to assist in anyway possible; for example, here recently on the forums I posted on the Surf Map Suggestion Megathread (Located Here)giving a whole list of possible maps to be added to the server and explaining my feelings for why they should be put on. This is but 1 example among many and the list is only meant to grow.
    In conclusion, I've made a name for myself within the community and while that name has some stigma
    I don't feel it has come to negatively affect the server in any way. As Sub-Admin I will uphold the rules to the server as well as adhere to any and all other responsibilities involved. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Squeaks, Lightning, Zylo and 2 others like this.
  2. Zylo

Zylo New Member

Daddy deserves it if he can stop yelling. (Which I'm sure he can) I think he would be good for it.

Daddy likes this.
  3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The issue here is your mic use can be awful, and we have no proof that that'd change if you suddenly got admin. Players should follow the rules at all times, especially if they plan to apply for admin shortly in the future. Right now on paper you look like a helpful player, but someone who also goes on rants and calls people cunts over mic, it's difficult to accept. Will let other feedback come in though.

4. Malachi

Malachi Member MVP

I think Daddy has a great personality, is helpful, and would be a great add to the team. Yes I do agree with the mic spamming being a problem but I do see him trying to calm himself and not spam. He has also helped with new people in the server trying to help them become better surfers which I think is a great plus. +rep

Daddy likes this.
  5. Daddy

Agreed; however, no one acts the same at work as they do at home. It is understandable to be wary of my mic use but if you'd like proof that it'd change you can simply watch me over a weeks period or so 'till you are satisfied :>

6. Kaiden

Oh we will be :)

Rhythums likes this.
  7. Lightning

Lightning Active Member MVP

+1 for daddy he is a well respected member by me and fun too be around.
    Of course the screaming or harassment is a little far fetched for becoming a sub admin but I believe he can become more mature over time.
    Maybe you kaiden or some other staff member could observe him as he tries out so you could see if he is capable for the task of being a higher up staff member.
    But as far as the screaming and harassment goes he would be a great addon to the staff community!

8. NeverReady

NeverReady [BB] Admin Admin

As a frequent warner/ballpitter of his yelling, I do say that he could be a good admin if he ceased yelling so much.
    He's a helpful member of the community and cooperates with others to help them achieve a better understanding of
    how to surf and do maps. He overall isn't a bad person, he's just loud and sometimes contributes to the bad side
    of the server with his yelling. But other than that, I see no issue.

9. Daddy

<3

10. Fishy

Fishy Member

+1

From what I've seen of Daddy he would be an excellent addition to the staff team. He always offers help to those who seek it out and is constant offering advice to those he notices are struggling. In addition, aside from the aforementioned yelling, he seems to understand the rules rather well and does his best to abide by them.

A quick edit after digging in to Daddy's forum history a bit: I believe his experience with surf and the surfing community would be a valuable asset to the team. Also notable is how much input he adds to discussions regarding gameplay changes.

11. Kaiden

Accepted.

Ulapin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.