Christmas Update

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Killermon, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

The BB Christmas update is now live - with this we're launching the Christmas event and a soft-launch for the achievement system.

If you log onto the server each day, you will get a Christmas Crate, which contains a number of Christmas goodies. On top of that, you will also find there are a number of festive achievements up for grabs as well.

I'm not going to give too much away as that spoils the fun - however you should totally hug the voodoo doll if you want to get into the spirit of Christmas.

2. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

A little something to add, as it's not apparent in game, the Christmas Items from the crate's are only usable during Christmas - the items you get from Achievements are year round so get them whilst you can

3. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

To view achievements, go to F1 > Achievements tab if you didn't figure it out already! We'll be looking to add a few new maps during this event, and roll out some final stuff before the end of the year!

Killermon likes this.
  4. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

You can now also buy Christmas Crates off the store for a small sum of cubes - if you want more Coal, and Snowman Voodoo Dolls.

Kaiden likes this.
  5. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

Just to add, some of the achievements have had their criteria lowered - primarily the "Happy Snowy Family", "Snowman Posse", "Together, we will rise!", which have been lowered to 3, 6 and 9 players respectively. If you already earned 'Snowman Posse', you have automatically been awarded the "Together, we will rise!" achievements.

Kaiden likes this.
  6. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

When are the christmas crates going to be taken away from the store? Id like to know so i can buy a bunch to try to get the last time i need.

7. Kaiden

Would buy asap tbh, can't expect holiday event to continue for much longer.

8. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

So we lose all the items that we have got thru the christmas update? I spent over 3mil cubes on crates to get the radio and still havent got it yet. Ive only missed one day of log in for the free crate and in total thats alot of crates. So im confused on why we got to keep the halloween items but lose the christmas. Im not sure how else to see it, but i see it as ive spent many cubes for nothing. Herers a list of everything I have. I seen that you posted we could buy more crates if we wanted more coal and dolls and im assuming that you were joking around because ive got other things out of them .

Magic Snowman Voodoo Doll - 55
    Lump of Coal - 26
    Antlers - 6
    Christmas Hat - 5
    Christmas Aura - 4
    Christmas Tree - 4
    Christmas Dignity - 3
    Christmas Blizzard - 2
    Christmas Radio - 0

9. Junior

Junior Active Member Admin

No, You won't lose all items, only some of them, I'm pretty sure.

10. Kaiden

I'd expect a few items such as the Voodoo doll to only be usable during the holiday period, maybe @Killermon can advise what'll be disabled and what won't. The radio does seem to be a bit of a low chance, although I imagine it's also meant to be very rare. Maybe @Teddi can advise if any have been opened in crates at all?

11. CrystalCastles

CrystalCastles Active Member

Yes, I have one. And iirc Teddi said all Christmas items will only be usable during the event except for achievement items. Which is the Vintage Frosty the Snowman.

12. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Firstly, I just want to preface that as a whole we're still trying to balance and work out the fine line of giving you plenty of things for low cost (e.g Halloween) and creating more of a grind / risk vs reward (Xmas) effect. We've found with the S2 crate and halloween that overall we were probably being a bit too generous with items and to a degree it upset the balance of things (Auras everywhere). With XMas we wanted to see what would happen if we applied the inverse - restrict (most) items to a limited time. We're not doing this to purposely eat your cubes or as a joke - in some cases we're honestly just experimenting.

A clear example of this is the paints that were launched properly recently. We refunded various people who bought paints during that time as we hadn't fully rolled the system out and we found that what they initially got vs what the end result was (and what they may have been locked in to) probably wasn't fair - so we gave them their hard earned cubes back. Feedback like this is valuable because it lets us gauge how you've reacted to such a system and possibly what we've done wrong.

The following items will be usable after Christmas
    • Coal
    • Frosty the Snowman
    • Reindeer Antlers
    With Achievements they're not time limited in the sense that after Xmas, they're gone for good. Come next Xmas they'll be available again and hopefully with more achievements available. If we find after the event, once it's all reviewed that things were too stringent or problematic then we may look to supplementing / providing people with something. If not then that'd just be how it goes. In the next few weeks we'll either get a forum post or a blog post out detailing more information and how it affects everything.

I'd also just like to point out you lose the ability to use the other items, they remain in your inventory otherwise.

NeverReady, Chase, Killermon and 2 others like this.