[BB] Escape Alpha now up!

Discussion in 'Server Chat / Updates' started by Killermon, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

While many players will have come along and played Escape during its early development, it’s now in a place where I’m happy with it and decided to push to it a more mainstream audience. With that said, I should add that Escape is still in Alpha, and is likely (will) have many bugs and maybe even a few crashes!

The server is available at 96.44.144.138:27015

At the moment, we only have the map based on the movieCubealbeit with a few minor tweaks to make players lives easier. Must like the movie, the goal is to escape the cube while dodging traps and other players - there are plenty of surprises in the labyrinth, and whether you help other players, or murder one another is entirely up to you!

You will be rewarded suitably for escaping the cube with a very rare and juicy crate and (ironically) cubes – and once the first player escapes, the entire maze is reset; so, think of it as a little bit of a race if you want to use that acquired knowledge of the maze.

For those not wanting to go it alone, there is a group system, which allows players to spawn together! The group commands are at the bottom of this post, or use /help in game.

Most of the [BB] stuff you’ve come to enjoy exists on the server – including personal bests and time trials! The only thing we have disabled is the equip system, as the cramped nature of the map makes it unsuitable.

I don’t want to give too much away, or spoil anything, so the best thing to do is poke your head around the cube and try not to have it lopped off! The only advice I would give is you’re given boots for a reason, throw them in ahead of you.

Groups Commands:
    • /leave - Leave a group
    • /invite - Invite player to a group (Group Leader only)
    • /promote - Promote player to leader (Group Leader only)
    • /kick - Kick player from the group (Group Leader only)
    • /disband - Disband the group (Group Leader only)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Jr6150, Demo and Kaiden like this.
  2. Killermon

Killermon Hammer time!

I've pushed a pretty large update to escape, although on the surface not a lot will appear to have changed. We now have number of new traps designed to discombobulate the player, and all existing traps have been re-balanced. This rebalance is aimed at removing the high amounts of luck required - so players should find a more consistent, fair and hopefully enjoyable experience as a result.

In summary, more traps give the player a choice, as to whether to risk going through a cube, or take a possibly lengthy detour.

Kaiden likes this.