[BB], 2017 in review

Discussion in 'Blog Posts' started by Teddi, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

Blog Post

It's been an interesting year to say the least. I'd like to thank you all for being with us through the lifetime of [BB] so far and that I hope many of you continue to play with us!

Kaiden and Lightning like this.
  2. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

Woo another year gone. I feel we've achieved loads this year, and while surf as a gamemode doesn't have the hype it did at the end of last year, we're still boasting decent player numbers.

Same as last year, I'll post a list I maintain of stuff that has been requested by either myself or you as players, while it's certainly not everything, it's the majority of the more significant changes done in 2017. As always thanks to Killermon, Teddi and Ender for helping get them done!

2018 is going to be another interesting year, as mentioned in the blog there's some large features that are outstanding that we'll hopefully see get implemented. Otherwise see you all in 2018!

To Do list 2017
    • Update Planned for December:
      • S5 crate, 5 new maps for Easy/Hard, Christmas event launch with new crate model, custom lottery entries. This was achieved by the deadline.
    • Make the lottery entry customized, so players can pay in additional amounts if they wanted.
    • Launch some form of Bonus system to allow people to access previously blocked bonus stages. - basic !bonus command added, future features to be developed.
    • Many server/network changes made to help mitigate network issues.
    • Add autohop zones to certain maps, allow autohop practice for players who enable it through F1. Discussion threadhere
    • Launch a basic Crafting system within 2017.
    • Migrate to a new server - better disaster recovery, stability etc.
    • Create a Hard Server aura.
    • Update Store splash page within F1, outdated from start of last year.
    • Store overhaul; preview of items, auras, etc.
    • Anniversary event launched early September, usual cube bonuses, /tryplat etc.
    • Update planned for September:
      • 2 new maps, fixes to legacy items, implementing some outstanding bug fixes, mostly QoL changes. This was achieved by the deadline.
    • Deathrun cube gains player requirement lowered from 6 to 5.
    • Enabled /admin functionality to communicate with out of game systems (alerts) to other admins.
    • Added additional Platinum player models.
    • Update season end rewards to include more players.
    • Enabled the Hide Player feature in F1 for all players.
    • Update planned for June:
      • June/Summer update was planned to launch 30 new items, season 4 crate, changes to the Hard Server requirements, and 2 additional maps (Lux and Reprise). This was achieved by the deadline.
    • surf_how2surf added to easy, additional Tier 3+ maps added to Hard Server.
    • Midweek Madness Bonus was readded at 100% bonus to encourage mid week players.
    • Update in-game scoreboard banner to latest banner.
    • Add ability to select multiple items in inventory i.e. for mass crate opening and item deleting.
    • Add icons to the general Achievements.
    • Get some new items into the store by end of quarter 1 2017.
    • A new forum banner and theme to replace outdated banner, and default theme in use.
    • Update /donate to a more modern look, Ender has provided this in February.
    • Add view of others achievement points; gloating factor.
    • Update appearance of bbroleplay.co.uk/bans, add perm filter options.
    • Transition to Discord in looking to replace Mumble.
    • Update /rules to cover spammers and advertisers.
    • Launch the general Achievements system.
    • Personal best GUI for players to view their best time.
    • Update planned for March:
      • March 22nd update was planned to launch new maps, items, auras, personal best times, and achievements. This was achieved by the deadline.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Lightning likes this.