AFK in the morning

Discussion in 'Surf' started by Chase, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Chase

Chase [BB] Sub Admin Sub Admin

So just about every morning Kit goes afk and sits there for many hours. I have had it just me and him in there and i can not rtv at all because he dont get kicked and he doesnt leave. Its starting to get very annoying now. Somethings gotta give.

2. John Brown

John Brown [BB] Resident Alcoholic Admin

Actually I can see how this could get really annoying, but he's only able to do that because I'm (assuming) he's got platinum. Maybe make a way to not count AFK's in RTV counts? I don't know how easy that'd be able to go without kicking them.

3. RaZoRaK

RaZoRaK Active Member

There does seem to be an issue with AFK players. I always see quite a few of them on throughout maps, and they seem to never get kicked or it takes way to long for them to get kicked.

4. Kaiden

Kaiden Administrator Community Manager

The AFK timer starts once the server is at 80% capacity. This is because I found it was affecting maintaining a high playercount later in the evening when it was just kicking all the time. (that and realistically if a server is at 5/31 and they come back to a "sorry you've been kicked" message I don't think it sends a great message).

Fair point on the !rtv, perhaps Teddi can have !rtv ignore afk players or so? Depends how easy it is to code.

5. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

I think I have a solution which may pan out better. Watch this space.

Chase likes this.
  6. Teddi

Teddi Well-Known Member Bear

This should be resolved now. When a player first joins the server, if they don't press a key within 5 minutes they'll automatically be disconnected. The moment they start moving this system automatically gets disabled and the standard AFK system kicks in. This initial system affects plat members as well, but the recurring system does not.

Chase likes this.